Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Dolan Pre Cursa

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-20, 05:32 PM
rewop12

Bikes: Dolan Pre Cursa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dolan Pre Cursa

Does anyone know where I can get a Dolan Pre Cursa 58cm? Everywhere I've looked they are unavailable and on the Dolan website they have very expensive shipping.
Old 10-29-20, 07:15 PM
PIFFLE

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 24 Posts
Thus is the covid-era availability of bikes & components >_<

Spent 3x what I'd intended on recent build over last few months. Wanted the stock Big Block but complete bikes were sold out by time I made the commitment so I got the Big Block frameset and then had to make a bunch of bad decisions to end up with what I'd intended to part up to over a few years.

But hey now I have exactly what I ultimately wanted to build

How gnarly of shipping are we talking here? If you can find it and they'll ship it to you for ~$150, then I'd say jump on it before they sell out or covid snarls shipping again...
Old 10-29-20, 07:30 PM
rewop12

Bikes: Dolan Pre Cursa

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's in stock on the Dolan website for ~325 usd with a ~180 usd shipping fee which is too much for me
Old 11-01-20, 08:59 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by rewop12
It's in stock on the Dolan website for ~325 usd with a ~180 usd shipping fee which is too much for me
I suggest you sign up on the Retrogression website to be notified when they are back in stock. Even if you bought it now direct from Dolan, you won’t get it for months, since the UK is going back into another COVID-19 lockdown right now.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Old 11-01-20, 10:32 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
There's a shop in queens that sells Dolan and supposedly had a good selection of frames. Can't give you more then that, I found them while looking for a frame for my daughter but found a better deal the same day and never checked them out. Unfortunately don't know the name but they were somewhat close to the Kissena Velodrome too. I found them by calling the closest shops to the velodrome and they were only the 5th or 6th call. Its an old fashioned way to do it but I couldn't find anything on the web.