Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1984 Raleigh Grand Prix 56cm

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-20, 05:50 PM
celesteguy 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 54 Posts

1984 (or maybe 85) Raleigh Grand Prix. This frame is 56cm c-c for both the top tube and the seat tube.

The paint has a few chips down to the primer, but not many and the clear coat on the chrome is a little rough in spots. I haven't tried to clean it up. I have heard that these frames are fully chromed, but I don't know for sure.

The group is a mismatch of original suntour components and period Shimano 105 and 600 (shifters and headset are 105 and rear derailleur is 600). They all play well together and the brakes are tight, and the shifting is crisp, indexed 6 speed.

26.6 seatpost size. And the stem I have on there is a 130mm off of a late 90s Schwinn Peloton. The bars are sort of no name, but they have a nice ergo bend and are pretty light weight. The saddle is a Bontrager in good shape and very useable.

There are 25mm specialized armadillo

tires on there now with hardly any miles on them. They are a little wider for 25s, and the cool thing is there is tons of room for 28mm or fenders.

To me, this bike is beautiful, and it handles really well. I dont know how to describe the handling, but it's almost like all the weight gets centered really low and sort of swings like a pendulum through the corners. Very sure footed and confidence inspiring on the downhills.

It's very much a rider, not really a collector thing, with the group and condition and all. It was the bottom model of their racing line up (improved a little imho by the shimano bits). Looking for $300 for the bike, and willing to ship through Bike Flights to the conti US.

This is my first post in the classifieds here on this site, so if you guys could give me some feedback on the ad in general, even if you aren't interested in the bike, I'd appreciate it because if it goes well, I will hopefully be posting more things. I will pay better attention to where I insert the photos too, ha

MOD NOTE: Closed per OP Request.

Last edited by Homebrew01; 02-16-20 at 10:15 AM.