Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Well here goes.... a couple of new Canyon Roadlites

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Well here goes.... a couple of new Canyon Roadlites

Old 05-05-19, 09:12 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Ah the price of coolness... I found these water bottle cages from PDW and just had to have them for our Roadlites. The price was not in $$ but in weight. The carbon ones currently on the bikes were 15 grams, these are 65 grams. But at our ages and how we ride... Anyway here are a few pics. BTW the bikes currently have a little over 3,000 miles on them as of this cleaning session. Everything is holding up well. Still on the original set of tires with very little wear on my wife's tires and my front one. The rear is getting near to end of life. The chains still are within spec too.

Old 05-08-19, 07:49 AM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
I have been following your updates since you bought the CoMax's These new bikes are gorgeous and, you mentioned it in another thread, they seem to be the best bang for your buck for "high end" carbon hybrid bikes. Now I want one
Old 06-10-19, 11:51 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

OK, it’s been 6 months since the purchase of the Roadlites so time for a little update. They currently have a little over 4500 miles on them and no problems in fact not even needing any repair/adjustment other than the flat tire on my bike’s rear. I have been waiting for the tires to wear out so I can replace them with tubeless Schwalbe Pro Ones. But the G-One Speeds are wearing well. The only tire showing it’s mileage being the rear one on my bike (might have something to due to my weight…..). You can see it in one of the pictures below. Other than wiping them down, clean and Lub the chains and airing the tires the past 6 months have been every uneventful. I would recommend Canyon to anybody looking for high quality at a very reasonable price. I used to think that position belonged to Giant.

Anyway here are a few pictures of the bikes as they stand today 6 months 4500 miles of use.

Wife's Roadlite with 650b wheels

Wife's Roadlite drivetrain

My bike

And drivetrain

My back tire with over 4500 miles

Ready for the next 6 months!!!
Old 06-12-19, 10:13 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Very cool thread! I am actually going down to visit a friend in SD soon and will be stopping by Canyon in Carlsbad to ride some of their bikes. Unfortunately they told me over the phone (super friendly CSR by the way) that they don't have any fitness bikes for testing, but they have almost all of their MTBs for test riding and also the Aeroad and Endurace models. The CSR said to swing by, test those out and they'd measure me for Fitness bike fit even though they didn't have one for test riding. Using their online fit calculator I'm between an XS and an S for Roadlites.

Well, never having ridden a Canyon before, I couldn't pass up this offer! And who knows, I may end up with a road bike out of this as well (while waiting for my Trek FX S6 to arrive). It would be ironic if I had a Canyon bike in hand before my Trek which I ordered from my LBS in late May. If they let me, I'll try to take some pics of the place to share with the forum.
Likes For CarloM:
Old 04-16-20, 08:01 PM
Swtaccrd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great Thread, very helpful. I decided to pull the trigger on a CF 9.0 DowneasTTer any updates on the bike? I had a specialized Sirrus couple years ago and really like the 1x drivetrain that is a must for me since im used to it on my mountain bikes. I recently purchased a trek fx6 but returned it in under a week. It wasn't appealing to me after having it home for a few days. The road light on the other hand looks very very sharp. Im more into aesthetics and if if I don't like how something looks I won't get it.

I was able to get the CF 9.0 LTD for $2160 on canyons website as a closeout, which I had to jump on it from originally being $2,990 can't wait to receive it. The Reynolds wheels alone are worth $1300. Pedal on and keep this thread alive!

Last edited by Swtaccrd; 04-17-20 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-17-20, 01:44 PM
Dannydyn

Bikes: Canondale CAAD10

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Swtaccrd
Great Thread, very helpful. I decided to pull the trigger on a CF 9.0 DowneasTTer any updates on the bike? I had a specialized Sirrus couple years ago and really like the 1x drivetrain that is a must for me since im used to it on my mountain bikes. I recently purchased a trek fx6 but returned it in under a week. It was appealing to me after having it home for a few days. I road light on the other hand looks very very sharp. Im more into aesthetics and if if I don't like how something looks I won't get it.

I was able to get the CF 9.0 LTD for $2160 on canyons website as a closeout, which I had to jump on it from originally being $2,990 can't wait to receive it. The Reynolds wheels alone are worth $1300. Pedal on and keep this thread alive!
OMG, you kidding me? I've been trying to get my hands on a 9.0 LTD in Large, but it appears that ship has sailed.... I'm being told they are being discontinued. What a bummer, especially when I see how much you paid! So jealous!
Old 04-18-20, 07:42 AM
GeezyRider 

Bikes: There is always room for one more.

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 366 Times in 215 Posts
These Canyons look wonderful and it's great that you are getting so much enjoyment out of them. But the most amazing thing about this thread is a two-bike hitch rack on a Smart Car!!!
Old 08-23-20, 07:06 AM
scbeano

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am concerned about sizing recommendations from Canyon on these bikes. I am 5'10 and the sizing says Small. How do these fit you and do you find their sizing accurate?
Old 10-03-22, 03:09 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 87 Posts
I see you also have a Cherohala City (I do too). Why have two 1X commuter/Hybrid bikes?
Old 10-13-22, 03:48 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 122 Posts
They look like they make you lean. I have never stood over, or road one.
Old 10-16-22, 01:14 PM
DowneasTTer

Originally Posted by scbeano
I am concerned about sizing recommendations from Canyon on these bikes. I am 5'10 and the sizing says Small. How do these fit you and do you find their sizing accurate?
Sorry was away most of the summer. Anyway I found the sizing a strange as well. I never been on a medium before at about 6"0". But my inseam is only 36" so the medium fits just right. My wife is 5'5" and Canyon said she needed an XS instead of her usual small.. Again the fit was right on.
Old 10-16-22, 01:18 PM
DowneasTTer

Originally Posted by Jrasero
I see you also have a Cherohala City (I do too). Why have two 1X commuter/Hybrid bikes?
I love the 1X system it simply does all my wife and I need without extra parts and weight (I have enough of those myself). We travel around the country with a motorhome and didn't want to subject the Roadlites to living out in the wild as it were. Therefore the Cherohalas do travel duty. Did you ever sell yours? If you follow my other thread you know we had Litespeed change out the rear hub and derailleur to go 41T so the gearing is similar on both bikes. Made all the difference for us anyway.
Old 10-16-22, 01:20 PM
DowneasTTer

Originally Posted by StarBiker
They look like they make you lean. I have never stood over, or road one.
I wish that Canyon would sell the 9LTD in the states again it's a great bike. I think the Roadlite CF 8 could be a good alternative though. But even that isn't available yet.
Old 10-28-22, 11:27 AM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 220 Posts
It seems appropriate to share at the current sale knocks $300 off the Roadlite 7 with the Ultregra and $200 off the Roadlite 6 with 105. With shipping the 105 comes in right about $1000 which seems like a great value.
Old 04-08-23, 01:47 PM
DowneasTTer

I haven't updated this thread in quite a while. Mainly because nothing out of the ordinary has happened. The two bikes now have around 13K miles on them and other than brake pads, chains, and tires nothing has needed any attention. Without a doubt they are the best bikes we have ever owned. In the past couple of months I have noticed a clicking once in a while and it was getting worse. I figured it might be time for a new bottom bracket as the Canyon supplied Sram press on is know to have problems. Anyway before going that route I figured it might also be the pedals. Having a spare set laying around I changed them out before today's 30 mile ride. Guess what the fix is in. As far as I can see Canyon bikes offer a super product for a reasonable price.
Likes For DowneasTTer:
Old 04-09-23, 01:41 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked 1,802 Times in 1,037 Posts
gettin ready to get ready to get on the road again ?
Old 04-09-23, 02:55 PM
DowneasTTer

Yes, my wife and I have been using the Roadlites at home all winter. But I cringe at the thought of hanging them off the back of our motorhome. Getting ready to use the LiteSpeeds for our travel season. Have even been thinking since we're in our 70s it might be time to look at E bike assist. The LeMont series of e-bikes look interesting. Only 26 lbs, carbon frame, small battery and motor similar 1x11 drivetrain. Might make a great travel bike to replace the light speeds down the road. Time and bank account with determine.