Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

How many days has the Deep Freeze, forced you on your Trainer?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-21, 04:00 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts

Well my last ride was on Feb. 9th. and that was a Chilly Ride as it never quite made 30 F, that day but the trails were dry it was sunny! Alas then So. CO. got the Deep Freeze and a bit of snow too so the wife and I have had to use our lowly "in home" Gold's Gym 400 Ri Stationary Trainer. We aren't club riders and are purely LOW level recreation riders on two different Crank Forward bikes (Mines a RANS Fusion and my wife Jo's is a Electra Townie 24 speed version). We usually do 30 mins. in the morning and 30 mins. in the afternoon, warm up and stretch exercises being 65/66, LOL can't just jump on cold turkey! Yes, we do use different levels of resistance usually 1-10 and do some 60 second intervals to push ourselves a bit!! We usually use the Smart Phones and put on YouTube Bicycle Videos to ride by found some that work you out good. On our limited fixed income can't afford the I-fit set up that the machine can hook up to so we do it manually! Photo of the last Ride, the wife on the trainer and what the trainer looks like with all the fancy and USELESS plastic on it! So how about YOU?

Last Ride, Feb. 9th. a view from the OverLook off of 31st. Street, heading to the Foothills Trail.

My wife Jo on the cycle trainer, without the fancy and useless plastic covers!!

Being a recumbent style trainer works well when you ride "crank foreword" style bikes!!

Old 02-19-21, 03:20 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,481 Times in 4,184 Posts
today is day 71.
Old 02-19-21, 04:31 PM
oujeep1

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Colnago CX1 EVO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I last rode outside on Feb 5, since that time have ridden 11 days indoors usually a combination of zwift, rouvy, and recently FulGaz. This morning it was 1 degree, currently its 34 so we are starting to come out of it. Tuesday morning it was -14. In Oklahoma. Unbelievable. Add in two snowfalls of 5-7 inches. Each. Thank goodness for wahoo kickr and apple TV