Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

2009 Bianchi Pista

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

2009 Bianchi Pista

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 08:53 PM
bigbris1
One skid from blown knees

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I fondled a pista in a bike shop on the route of one of my rides once & the only thing I didn't like was the unicrown fork. Otherwise, it was a respectable bike.
Old 09-23-08, 12:26 AM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Maybe all the idiots selling stock Pistas on craigslist for $500 will start getting e-mails now.
Old 09-23-08, 01:49 AM
bonechiller
RE******

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by neverjared
Maxway did the design. Bianchi just picked it and some colors and some decals. Nice try though.
I don't think that Bianchi is actually made by Maxway, they don't list Bianchi as a company they manufacture for. I used Maxway as an example of the kind of company that makes bikes to spec, but it could be Ideal or a handful of other manufacturers who specialize in steel.

Anyway, who the heck are you, Edoardo Bianchi? How on earth would you know what goes on behind the scenes at Bianchi? With the exception of TIG-welding and a unicrown fork, the Pista is virtually identical to the same bike produced by Bianchi on and off since the late 1970s (when they were made in Italy), so why wouldn't they just give the specs to Taiwan? Every other bike maker does exactly that. Bianchi isn't Bikes Direct, they're a major bike company with a lot of clout. Bikes are made the way they want, not the other way around.

If it were the case the Maxway is pulling all the strings and Bianchi just picks the colors, why does no one else offers the Bianchi Pista frame? If it were true that Bianchi just picked the Pista out of the catalog, then why don't we see other people selling the frame, a la the KHS Flite 100/Kilo TT/Spicer Track/etc.?

Finally, stop acting like a tool with that "nice try though," BS. You don't know what you're talking about, and acting all brazen and cool only reaffirms that, it doesn't make you any more believable.

Last edited by bonechiller; 09-23-08 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-23-08, 06:09 AM
conor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I fondled a pista in a bike shop on the route of one of my rides once & the only thing I didn't like was the unicrown fork. Otherwise, it was a respectable bike.
you do realize that your bike has a unicrown fork, too. you love that bike. you made a thread about that bike.

stop talking about bikes.
Old 09-23-08, 07:42 AM
tortoise

Bikes: '09 Bianchi San Jose, '04 LeMond Buenos Aires, '91 GT Karakoram K2, '00 Nirve BMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by triplesixer
"perceived satanism"? I'm atheist dude. I'm just doing my part to piss off the religious right.
Making gay jokes, serious or not, is not cool. We all know that. There are gay members of this forum who don't go around making straight jokes.
So you wish to create a "perception" of satanism in order to offend. -Like I said.

You don't want to offend certain members of our group, while going out of your way, in word and deed to offend others.

Perhaps "there are religious members of this forum who don't go around making atheist jokes." Do they not deserve the same consideration, or do you suggest that some animals more equal than others?

What if (and I don't believe this) JustinCycle was "just doing his part to piss off the liberal left." You would approve, because it's precisely what you do, right?

I can't address what "we all know." For me, what's "cool" is not deliberately going out of my way to offend anyone for no reason. Hey, that's me.

On topic:

According to Bianchi's website the 2009 Pista, drop and flat bar models, are both available in chrome or blue. About pricing: the shop I just ordered my San Jose from still has one blue Pista in stock, at '07 prices. I think it's a 53.
Old 09-23-08, 07:58 AM
chris wielk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinCycle
I just think the whole "I <3 BD thing and the "top name brands" (i.e. REAL companies that make a quality bike) get dissed by no name clowns simply because it's the perceived hipster cool thing to do.
i agree with this completely. i tell a lot of people just starting out about bikes direct, i think its a good site and you can get good deals. that being said, i've ridden stock pistas and stock kilos and guess what, the pista is just a nicer bike. maybe not 400 dollars nicer, but still nicer. one of my good friends has a 57 pista, and its lighter than my 56 iro, but significantly larger. maybe not the best option for everybody, but if you have the money why not.
Old 09-23-08, 08:41 AM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
It's definitely not MaxWay, Hodaka is the company that makes the Pista for Bianchi

Self edit, had the names crossed.

Last edited by Dannihilator; 09-23-08 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 11:57 AM
JustinCycle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FWIW, I would *never* pay $750 for a Pista. Just like how I completely wrote off the Cdale Capo at $900+. Cannondale makes a great bike, but not that model, at that price (imo of course).

Being the bike building NooB I am, I wanted to get a decent fixed gear in the $600ish range, and if all the "Factory companies" had to offer were more than that, I was going to just build what I wanted. But for a $530 starting investment in my Pista, I'm happy (no worries of if the frame is solid and not rusting inside, no worries of having the chain line up, etc, etc). From here, I can upgrade as needed (not for a while, I'm new to this fixed gear riding, but I love it!)
Old 09-23-08, 11:59 AM
JustinCycle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris wielk
i agree with this completely. i tell a lot of people just starting out about bikes direct, i think its a good site and you can get good deals. that being said, i've ridden stock pistas and stock kilos and guess what, the pista is just a nicer bike. maybe not 400 dollars nicer, but still nicer. one of my good friends has a 57 pista, and its lighter than my 56 iro, but significantly larger. maybe not the best option for everybody, but if you have the money why not.
Also FWIW, I *would* consider a Kilo TT for the $350 shipped if I didn't have to pay a $150 shipping surplus to get it to Hawaii (a number that's WAY out of proportion to what it truly costs them).
Old 09-23-08, 12:04 PM
Serendipper 
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sneaky viking
I guess they were too busy trying to get a flat bar and brake levers on a Pista to pick new colors... $819 for the flat bar?! Dang.
https://www.bianchiusa.com/09_d2_pista_flatbar.html

Wow...really? You could make your own flat bar for about $3.

無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持