Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Public vs Priority vs Brooklyn Bikes

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Old 06-12-21, 07:59 AM
Newbie789

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I’m new here and looking to buy a recreational bike for mostly flat terrain (beach, city, flat-ish suburban areas). I’m deciding between the Public V7 (or M7), Priority Classic Plus and Brooklyn Franklin 3. All seem to be around the same point but I’m lost when it comes to the features/specs. Does one seem to be a better value or of higher quality than the others? I read on this forum someone mentioned the belt on the Priority was a plus since it won’t rust or require maintenance like a chain. It also seems to be the lightest of the three, I just wish it had the matching splash guards like the others. I took a look at the Linus Mixte 3i as well, but it’s priced a bit higher. I’ve really picked these bikes based on appearance alone, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-12-21, 09:27 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
Originally Posted by Newbie789
Hi,

I’m new here and looking to buy a recreational bike for mostly flat terrain (beach, city, flat-ish suburban areas). I’m deciding between the Public V7 (or M7), Priority Classic Plus and Brooklyn Franklin 3. All seem to be around the same point but I’m lost when it comes to the features/specs. Does one seem to be a better value or of higher quality than the others? I read on this forum someone mentioned the belt on the Priority was a plus since it won’t rust or require maintenance like a chain. It also seems to be the lightest of the three, I just wish it had the matching splash guards like the others. I took a look at the Linus Mixte 3i as well, but it’s priced a bit higher. I’ve really picked these bikes based on appearance alone, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Priority makes a proper beach cruiser. It has 26 inch balloon tires, fenders and a single speed hub.

I had a first version Priority Classic that I won in a contest. They had a minimalist goal in their design. It had durable tires, weighed not much, and rode nicely. I liked it. Their low maintenance lightweight goal was legit and the changes for the Plus showed they were dedicated to it. I had a few problems that were reportedly fixed in the “plus” version in addition to a front brake and a belt upgrade.
Old 06-12-21, 12:59 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 839 Times in 584 Posts
Classic Plus Gotham Edition is a STEAL!!!