Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Metro Boston: Good Bike Fitter?

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-23, 05:48 PM
2WheelWilly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All--I'm interested in getting a bike fitting, but *not* for a particular bike that I already own. Rather, I'm interested in looking for a bike or a frame on the used or internet markets, but I feel like I need to have a good idea of what my correct/ideal frame size and geometry are before making any serious purchase. Is there a bike fitter in the general Boston area that anyone would recommend for something like this? I'd love a person who knows what she's doing, is thoughtful, and is willing to spend some time communicating with/explaining things to me.

I had an initial conversation with the people over at fit werx, who seemed fantastic, but the $400 they (I'm sure justly) charge is just a little bit beyond my means. And my experiences at better known shops like Wheelworks or Landry's have been haphazard enough--sometimes good, other times bad, always rushed--that I'm reluctant to spend significant money there and risk being disappointed... so a recommendation by name would be really helpful!

(And if you think I'm somehow going about this the wrong way, happy for guidance on that front as well.) Thanks and happy riding! Oh, and for folks who like pictures, the 50-year-old Motobecane that I've done most of my riding on thus far in life is second from the right!

Old 10-18-23, 10:27 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 890 Posts
You could give Battle Road Bikes, in East Lexington, a try.

rod