Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Been having some health concerns/issues so I took Carmen Sandiego out to clear some h

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Been having some health concerns/issues so I took Carmen Sandiego out to clear some h

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-20, 06:28 PM
KeepPedaling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Took Carmen Sandiego out for a ride yesterday.

Been having some health concerns/issues so I took Carmen Sandiego out to clear some headspace. Biking always helps heal my soul.

Note the awesome peroxide bottle holding the bike up.

Last edited by KeepPedaling; 04-16-20 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Title too long
Old 04-18-20, 10:42 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
That is awesome though I would level out the saddle.

Just remember folks, bikes are not a substitute for seeing a doctor or getting needed mental help. Riding bikes is fun and certainly can help keep you in good shape and better mental health but always check in with a health professional.
Old 04-19-20, 02:14 PM
20t
spinner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Last edited by 20t; 03-29-23 at 06:38 AM.
Likes For 20t:
Old 04-19-20, 06:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
Originally Posted by 20t
Yeah so they can get you paying and hooked on pills that don’t fix the root of your problem and will likely cause others of which you will be prescribed more pills for. F that.
Not what I was talking about at all. Yes some will prescribe stuff but mental health is quite serious and not something that you just cure magically through riding a bike. Bikes are awesome but they are no substitute for proper mental health help.

Look I love bikes, I worked for 8 hours in a bike shop came home and went on a bike forum and have a bunch of bikes in my house I get to look at and sometimes ride daily. However none of that will end my depression or cure me of anything. It may help my mental state and certainly will keep me in better shape physically but it is not a doctor or an other medical professional. We must all realize this and stop promoting bikes as if they are Dr. Snakeoils Miracle Salve "cures everything what ails ya". We need to be sincere and frank about mental health.

Look I have resisted the idea I need a therapist or someone like that for a long long long long long long time, I thought I could solve everything myself and I was saying very much the same things as you. I have since realized I need help and I cannot do this alone and it was a long and difficult journey to get there and while I still have a ways to go I know it will be a good move. Depression sucks and pushing off help because some are in it for money or to push pills is not a good way to go.

I am sorry to get deep and dark but sadly "thems the brakes paley"
Old 04-19-20, 07:07 PM
KeepPedaling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Doctors in America are America's most deadly task force. 250,000 people per year die in the THIS country alone from "medical error". This virus doesn't have **** on doctor's.

I went to the hospital last week and this is what happened. READ the description!