Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

H'lo from Palatine, IL, USA

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-08, 01:03 PM
stampylisa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago, just getting back on my bike about a month and a half ago. Trying to ride past the sore seat bones, but the painful old injured tailbone may do me in. I posted in the gen'l discussions for help on that.

My husband and I have cannondales. His is msomething or other, disc brakes, all that and a bag of chips. Mine is a m300. We bought them in 99 intending to start riding. I think I rode a little bit that summer and hung it up on the rack and been really busy doing other stuff.

Well I was sick in the spring this year, and quit smoking. I got bored of walking to try and get some of my extra poundage off (I've done two 20mile Overnight walks for AFSP, was a trainer for that and several 5Ks for the same organization, as well as other charity walks-so I'm no stranger to actual activity, walking was just not doing it anymore), so I decided i wanted to bike again. All intentions in place, but I'm also being treated for chronic postural back pain. I have old tailbone injuries, one from riding horses (or rather falling off the horse onto my tailbone) and they are flaring up with the riding. I've taken a week off at a time waiting for the pain to go away. It also aggravates my middle back. I think cause I'm compensating for the tailbone pain. ARGH!
So I came here for the advice of the bike riding gurus.
Old 07-29-08, 08:00 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello stampylisa, what do your doctors have to say about the tailbone pain? That sounds most unpleasant...

Welcome to BF, and feel free to PM me with any questions !

East Hill
Forum Moderator