Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Using watt bike correctly

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 03:04 PM
stevewood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Using watt bike correctly

I do sessions on the watt bike, but can somebody clarify something for me. If i'm following a programme eg building blocks, i find i struggle to follow the targets, power, cadence, heart rate, I try to use cadence as my number 1 target but find my power is usually higher than the power target.Its rare I get 3 green targets. Is that the whole point? what should i be aiming for? or the correct cadence and as high power as possible, but slowing down when heart rate goes into the red! thanks in advance
Old 04-12-18, 03:24 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Hi, Steve. Welcome to the forum.

Until someone with a Wattbike replies, maybe you can post the workout structure here and someone can figure out what the objective may be.

With a new account you can’t post URLs yet. Maybe tell us where to find the workouts.
Old 04-13-18, 01:21 AM
Bluscuba

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the resistance on the watt bike trainer and watt bike pro are different - even in level 1 on the pro, with a high enough you could see higher than expected power. Might be something to do with that...
Old 04-13-18, 07:02 AM
jfiveeight

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blu is correct, you might be on a pro. A pro (aside from saying "PRO" on the side) has a cog that is calibrated to 150W @ 90rpm with level 1 wind and level 1 magnetic resistance.

Are you working on track workouts with specific high wattage needs? If so a pro is great but not so good for recovery. If you are using it for road a trainer model would be much better.
Old 04-17-18, 01:24 PM
stevewood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bikes in the local gym are as you say a "pro" (which i prefer) and the "trainer" i will research the difference and contact watt bike, thanks
Old 04-18-18, 07:32 AM
tcracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My "Pro" model is more like 130w @90rpm on settings 1 and 1.

-tony

Originally Posted by jfiveeight
Blu is correct, you might be on a pro. A pro (aside from saying "PRO" on the side) has a cog that is calibrated to 150W @ 90rpm with level 1 wind and level 1 magnetic resistance.

Are you working on track workouts with specific high wattage needs? If so a pro is great but not so good for recovery. If you are using it for road a trainer model would be much better.
Old 04-18-18, 09:58 AM
jfiveeight

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's the wind resistance charts: https://support.wattbike.com/hc/en-u...Cadence-Tables

You may need to reset the zero state to factory calibration, page 43: https://cdn.wattbike.com/uploads/uk/...tor_manual.pdf