Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Bicycle sketchpad......

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Bicycle sketchpad......

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 08:25 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bicycle sketchpad......

I've been busy today cleaning out my filing cabinet and to my delight I found the originals of some bicycle sketches that I did to amuse myself during boring meetings back in my corporate days of employment. I didn't last that long at being a 'Jane-coat-and-tie', - I wonder why?

I've recently posted this one, but you may not have seen it.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 11-04-07, 08:31 PM
mezza

Bikes: Steel geared. Steel Fix.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They're great.

If you had a heap of them or were inclined to do more I'm sure you could publish a fun book

I have, on Lulu.com
Old 11-04-07, 08:33 PM
Mchaz
Dances a jig.

Bikes: 2007 Surly Long Haul Trucker 54cm (Commuting/Wanna' go tour so bad), 1985 Trek 670 21" (Road), 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara 17" (MTB), Cannondale DeltaV 600 (commuterized MTB), some junker bikes in my garage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hahaha, thank you. Those are awesome.
Old 11-04-07, 09:16 PM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Guess I need to put a weathervane on my handlebars...just never thought of it for some reason...
Old 11-04-07, 09:49 PM
kemmer
*****es love tarck

Bikes: so many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where are numbers 1-8 and 10? Those are great fun, thanks! I wish I could find some of those "skidwell" tires.
Old 11-05-07, 01:46 AM
geebee

Bikes: GT3 trike,Viper chopper, electric assist Viper chopper,Electric moped(Vespa style)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steam punk rules.
Old 11-05-07, 08:50 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Those are precious.
Old 11-05-07, 08:58 AM
gcottay

Bikes: Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yes, good things can come out of bad meetings!
Old 11-05-07, 10:08 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I think that No. 9 would be an awesome winter cycle.

East Hill
Old 11-05-07, 10:59 AM
kemmer
*****es love tarck

Bikes: so many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geebee
Steam punk rules.
Old 11-05-07, 11:36 AM
orange leader
B-b-b-b-b-b-bicicle Rider

Bikes: 1997, stumpjumper S-works hardtail, Medici, Giant Perigee(track dropouts and fixed gear), Columbia twosome, schwinn twinn, '67 raleigh 5 speed internal hub, Old triumph 3 speed, old BSA 3-speed, schwinn Racer 2spd kickback, Broken raysport criteriu

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Great Drawings! Those must have been some Looong meetings, to get that much detail into a drawing.
Old 11-05-07, 03:33 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks everyone Actually it's really surprising how many artworks and sketches get produced in boring meetings. Try Googling 'boring meeting' or 'boring meeting art', you'll find there's some amazing drawings and doodles out there.

I love Steampunk btw. I was heavily into miniature wargaming at one time back when my kids were teenagers and were keen wargamers. It was a really great way to have quality time even if my armies did used to get heavily defeated on a regular basis Anyway to get back to the subject I made a lot of artwork for paper and cardboard kits of steam-powered war walkers, ironclad gunboats, steam-powered flying saucers, aerial steam gunboats, armoured cars etc etc. Just the thing for Colonial Wargaming, Victorian Sci-Fi and of course Steampunk rules

I have at times wondered how possible it would be to build full sized replicas of my bicycle sketches. I'm not going to claim that any of them might actually work, but it certainly would be fun to have a go. And yes I do agree that 'No: 9' could make a very good Winter commuting bicycle with a little careful development work

These are all the sketches that I've found so far, but I have thought about doing some more. Perhaps I could start sitting in on local council meetings as a way to reproduce the boredom factor as a way to start the creative juices flowing again.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 11-05-07, 10:10 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sianelle
............... Perhaps I could start sitting in on local council meetings as a way to reproduce the boredom factor as a way to start the creative juices flowing again.
Giggle, giggle. I really love this. You know how to make an old man giggle.
Old 11-06-07, 09:12 AM
orange leader
B-b-b-b-b-b-bicicle Rider

Bikes: 1997, stumpjumper S-works hardtail, Medici, Giant Perigee(track dropouts and fixed gear), Columbia twosome, schwinn twinn, '67 raleigh 5 speed internal hub, Old triumph 3 speed, old BSA 3-speed, schwinn Racer 2spd kickback, Broken raysport criteriu

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
[QUOTE] And yes I do agree that 'No: 9' could make a very good Winter commuting bicycle with a little careful development work
[QUOTE]

I agree that it would be a great winter commuter, but I don't think we should really refer to no. 9 as a bicycle. A front wheel, 2 drive wheels, and several suspension pulleys (not really sure of the terms for tank track parts, but that's the best I can think of), and the track itself, not really "bi" anymore. And "motor" or "engine" or "auto" should be in there too, but still great fun ideas.

I guess when I refer to bicycles, unicycles, tricycles, and quadcycles (etceteracycles), I like to think of strictly human powered vehicycles. Maybe i'm a purist.
Old 11-06-07, 09:37 AM
kle

Bikes: 2007 Trek 1500, 2002 Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Give "No. 11" a good, lightweight tail behind the rear prop (and linkage to the handlebars) and you could have the makings of an excellent autogyro...Make the frame and as many parts as possible out of carbon fibre to save weight...I'd buy something like that, I'd just need to get a good helmet.