Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Howdy from Palm Coast FL

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Howdy from Palm Coast FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 05:40 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts
Howdy from Palm Coast FL

Thought I'd stop here as well an say hello as I am a newbie to this forum. I joined this forum because i do a lot of volunteer work on repairing and building bicycles in Flagler County, FL. See my general intro page: https://www.bikeforums.net/introducti...-coast-fl.html

I am more a bike mechanic than a real rider as I do bike building/repairing for 3 charitable groups here in Flagler County.

I have a repair shop set up in a storage unit that is donated space and working on bringing up my inventory levels as I end up working on all types and sizes of bicycles. I also travel to the charity office/safe-house to do repairs on the spot with a portable stand.

I'll post a picture of the shop when I get the required posts.

If any of you have excess parts and are not too far, I will be happy to arrange to pick them up as most part costs come out of my pocket.

I always need brake assemblies/parts, derailers, controls, seats, seat posts, pedals, kickstands, reflectors (wheel, front & rear), tires, tubes, wheels, handlebar grips, just about anything bike related. Specialized tools are also welcome if you no longer have a need for them.

Thanks
Joe - "The Bike Man"

Last edited by JoeTBM; 06-03-18 at 05:43 AM.
Old 06-04-18, 02:48 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeTBM
Thought I'd stop here as well an say hello as I am a newbie to this forum. I joined this forum because i do a lot of volunteer work on repairing and building bicycles in Flagler County, FL. See my general intro page: www.bikeforums.net/introductions/1144812-howdy-palm-coast-fl.html

I am more a bike mechanic than a real rider as I do bike building/repairing for 3 charitable groups here in Flagler County.

I have a repair shop set up in a storage unit that is donated space and working on bringing up my inventory levels as I end up working on all types and sizes of bicycles. I also travel to the charity office/safe-house to do repairs on the spot with a portable stand.

I'll post a picture of the shop when I get the required posts.

If any of you have excess parts and are not too far, I will be happy to arrange to pick them up as most part costs come out of my pocket.

I always need brake assemblies/parts, derailers, controls, seats, seat posts, pedals, kickstands, reflectors (wheel, front & rear), tires, tubes, wheels, handlebar grips, just about anything bike related. Specialized tools are also welcome if you no longer have a need for them.

Thanks
Joe - "The Bike Man"
Glad you made over here to the SE section. You're at 10 posts so you can post pics any time. I'd like to see your setup. I'll scrounge thru my stuff. I may have a few items for you. If I find anything worthwhile I'll send you a PM.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 06-04-18, 03:06 PM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Originally Posted by RonH
Glad you made over here to the SE section. You're at 10 posts so you can post pics any time. I'd like to see your setup. I'll scrounge thru my stuff. I may have a few items for you. If I find anything worthwhile I'll send you a PM.
Thanks Ron,
I'll get the pictures up on Wednesday, I appreciate anything you can help with... BTW I see you are on the West Cost side of the state (Withlacoochee Trail), i Happen to be on the East side between St Augustine and Daytona Beach.

Old 06-04-18, 03:25 PM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Originally Posted by RonH
I see you are into trails, here are two maps from my neck of the woods, the trek-it-out map is for walking, hiking , riding, we also have another one for kyacking, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
trek-it-out.pdf (9.42 MB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf
blueways-map.pdf (7.00 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by JoeTBM; 06-06-18 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-06-18, 03:43 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Pictures of the storage/repair shop.

As I said it is donated space and I share the 1st floor with the emergency sleep gear and stored clothing for the shelter. The owner of the unit allowed me to build the workbench and add some more lighting and keep a compressor there.

The boat trailer belongs to the owner of the unit and when I built the workbench I had to select cabinets that are shallower than standard kitchen type or there would be no way to get the trailer out. There are about a dozen bikes ready for distribution and another 12 or so to be repaired and 2 more are due in today for repairs. I work on about 20 bikes a week between the shop and the on-site repairs.

Cabinets and shelves in between were provided by a local cabinet shop. Bench top is double layer of 3/4" plywood measuring 2' x 8' topped with self stick vinyl tile Cheap bench mounted work stand but looking for Park Tool to help me if possible with a better one.

I just added a 4-1/2" bench vice on the right corner and I need to build myself a wheel truing setup in my spare time

No AC, just a 20" box fan and a roll-up garage door but Im not complaining.....yet

Last edited by JoeTBM; 06-12-18 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-01-18, 09:18 AM
Rob In RealLife

Bikes: My main, forever Ride, is My 1973 Schwinn Varsity named Henry. He's a tough old number. But I usually have a herd of varying size onhand that I am working on. I fix delapidated bicycles back to working dependable condition and put them up for sale .

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice! Hi from Kissimmee!