Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Updated Park PCS-10.2 Bike Stand

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-19, 08:30 AM
bike416z

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone tried this new Park Stand? What are your thoughts?

Found very few user reviews out there due to it being a newly refined design. Hoping to compare it to the Feedback Pro Elite which seems to be popular as well. I am a hobbyist looking for a stand and plan to use it for light repair, lubing and washing.
Old 06-05-19, 06:31 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked 1,370 Times in 719 Posts
Good stand. The clamp is similar to the shop level clamp. If really reefing on a stuck bolt or something, the stand is not heavy enough to hold everything steady. This is true for all portable freestanding repair stands, so it is nothing, really.
Old 06-26-19, 07:37 PM
toolboy

Bikes: Steve Bauer Whirlwind, Nishiki International, Rocky Mountain Element 30 1984 Cinelli Super Corsa w/Campy 50th, Surly LHT.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought this stand recently and it seems to be a very good design - with one problem. I'm finding it difficult to operate the locking cam while clamping a seat tube. I've tried lubing the plastic washers with oil, Park grease and also tried it dry. I really expected a more fluid motion while mine binds and sometimes refuses to move. Anyone else experienced this?
Old 06-27-19, 08:31 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4197 Post(s)
Liked 3,849 Times in 2,300 Posts
The consumer/portable Park repair stands I have seen use a plastic cone design for the jaw's rotating control. The cone's plastic will stick to each other after the draw bolt it tightened. I just don't tighten it down much and when I loosen it I give the bolt's handle a whack with the heel of my hand to break the stiction. I see this as one of the costs of an otherwise well designed and made stand. Andy
Old 06-27-19, 01:10 PM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts
I greased the inside of the steel cone that the plastic one fits into, works much better as to release and rotate it.