Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

My Custom 2 Seat Electric Fishing Trike!

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-19, 04:42 PM
fishingtrike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This site will not let me post the YouTube link because I am new, but I am excited to share.

If you go to YouTube and search:

Ultimate 2 Seat Electric Fishing Tricycle Conversion (eTrike eBike)

What do you guys think? Good or bad, I can take it!! Was fun being all creative with it. Thanks everyone!!
Likes For fishingtrike:
Old 12-12-19, 07:02 AM
Bmack2000

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice build! Front hub motor and battery over the front wheel seems like a good decision to distribute weight more evenly, since fully loaded there will be a lot of weight over the rear wheels. My only question would be are the tires fat enough for the beach considering the fully loaded weight?
Old 12-12-19, 09:34 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. The trike is definitely cool as a purpose-built vehicle. I'd worry about a few things: 1) the total weight of two adults may be beyond the capacity of the trike. 2) the weight of the rear passenger may be centered a bit far aft. I realise that this may be balanced by the weight of the motor, battery, and front passenger, but what would happen if the front person dismounts first? 3)Along the same line, the high center of gravity of the rear passenger could affect the stability of the trike. All of these issues are probably minimally significant if moving at <10 mph; however if going 20-30 mph as you anticipate in your video, they could be disastrous.

I definitely think the design concept is a good base for continued testing and development. I would really like to see it in action along with your observations during use. I would be cautious about selling before you have some experience with it, and then you may want to develop some comprehensive release of liability form for the seller to sign. I hate to be a downer about this, but litigation after injury is a big reality these days.

Good luck, and I hope you post more about this interesting trike.
Old 12-13-19, 10:13 AM
fishingtrike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Actually is surprisingly evenly weight distributed. I had the same concerns. However, when my 105 pound girlfriend gets on first, I would still have to seriously lift the front to get the wheel off the ground. It is extremely stable. The battery is about 20 pounds or so and the motor is not light, so there is a lot of weight up front. It cruises easily at 20+ with both of us on it, but we typically run it 10-15 mph. We are in no hurry, especially if on the beach. Just throw the poles in the tubes and the gear in the back and we can fish anywhere we want up and down the beach. It is definitely a lot of fun. Great Florida trike!
Old 12-13-19, 10:14 AM
fishingtrike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Definitely difficult on the softer sugar sand, even with me assisting by pedaling. It does great at low tide close to the surf, and even on the slightly softer sand. It has been a real head turned on the beach. We get stopped every 2 seconds!!