Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried a Liv Thrive ebike?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-20, 08:14 PM
Bluechip

Bikes: Salsa Fargo Ti, Cannondale CAAD9, Carbonello Fixed Gear, Specialized Epic Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

My wife is a hair under 5' tall so finding any bike that fits is a challenge let alone an Ebike. We just ordered a '21 Liv Thrive E+ EX Pro. It's dimensions are very close to her current Liv mtb but in a flat bar road bike. They bumped up the battery from 375W/h to 500 for '21 so that should help out in range quite a bit. It's a Yamaha mid drive bike so that's pretty nice. Hoping this will let us ride together a bit faster pace than her usual 14-15 mph pace. Does anyone have any experience with this or similar models?
Old 10-28-20, 07:20 PM
momsonherbike

Bikes: All mine are electric bikes now

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Yes, any Class 3 is going to significantly increase her speed. You may well have a problem just keeping up with her.

I have a 2018 Giant LaFree E+1 step through in Small. It's perfect for my 5'1" stature and an absolute blast to ride.

Nice that they bumped up the battery wattage for the Thrive. Last year I saw Giant going in the opposite way with a downsizing of batteries (which I thought was utterly stupid), and thus went to Specialized for a Class 3 (Turbo Vado 4.0) because I could get a 600w battery. The Vado is a brilliant bike with a powerful motor, and the range is unbeatable.

Last edited by momsonherbike; 10-28-20 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-02-21, 09:03 AM
Spikem

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Liv e bikes

My wife got Liv Tempt e 2+ which is an MTB version with entry components for MTB but very capable for gravel riding. It has 400 wh Yamaha battery. This battery seems to last over 80 miles on auto mode and is big boost. Great price on this bike too.