Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Clyde Clothing

Old 10-08-20, 03:15 PM
havighurst

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Clyde Clothing

If you have had as much difficulty finding quality cycling clothing that fits as I have, check out foxwear.net for custom made clothing. I just received my order of the Power Shield pants. I have also purchased a jacket and a vest. They are outstanding.

I have no financial interest, but I am just a very satisfied customer. I can't recommend them enough. Speak with Lou and he will walk you through the process and help you select the proper fabric for you application.
Old 10-10-20, 07:47 AM
jfoobar

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Also AeroTech Designs. They make all or almost all of their stuff in the U.S. (if that is important to you) and they use U.S. sizing, which makes finding the right size a lot easier. Their sizing charts are also above average. Also, unlike companies like Endura, they make almost everything in the largest sizes, not just a few things. Lastly, hard to complain about their prices, which are largely quite reasonable.
Old 10-14-20, 06:40 PM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Luv2Pedal.
they're sponsors here.
Likes For JLDickmon:
Old 10-15-20, 09:46 AM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by JLDickmon
Luv2Pedal.
they're sponsors here.
+1

Take a look. I haven't used them so I can't comment on quality, but they go up to 4x

https://www.love2pedal.com/mens-bike-shorts/
Old 10-15-20, 11:36 AM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by MAK
+1

Take a look. I haven't used them so I can't comment on quality, but they go up to 4x

https://www.love2pedal.com/mens-bike-shorts/
I have used them. My bibs, two pair of shorts, a couple of the "Worlds Most Boring Jersey's"
stuff is all a couple years old.. no runs, snags, not even so much as a loose stitch. It ain't as pretty as Pearl Izumi, but then again, I ain't either.
Old 10-15-20, 12:52 PM
chadtrent

Bikes: 2020 Canyon Endurace CF SL

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 47 Posts
Check out www.theblackbibs.com too
Old 10-26-20, 12:16 AM
donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i'm a big guy (320lbs and 6'4)

my take is that bibs are superior to shorts... I do have an issue with how the chamois (pad) sits/fits even on the size that fits me properly... they back seam manages to sit just over my sit bones which puts extra pressure in the highest pressure place of sitting... because of that I've tried a few brands.

luvs2pedal falconi bib shorts are a GREAT deal... if budget is an issue these are worth a try and worth keeping as a backup/2nd pair of bibs when you upgrade.

aerotech has a great quality feel... I really wish the chamois thing wasn't an issue on these because other than that little issue I loved them.

https://www.boure.com/ I went with these guys as a last ditch effort, I messaged them about my issue with prior bibshorts as they will do custom sized/designs if the off the shelf doesn't work for you, I was suggested to go with the classic bibshorts as they had the largest chamois and was extatic to find the coverage was as should be so no need to go custom... I've been out of riding for a while now but I'm getting back into it and will likely order a 2nd pair.
Old 12-04-20, 03:15 PM
Mmassey338
Old guy on a bike

Bikes: Fuji “mountain” bike, Lynskey GR260 & Firefly Allroad

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by donalson
i'm a big guy (320lbs and 6'4)

my take is that bibs are superior to shorts... I do have an issue with how the chamois (pad) sits/fits even on the size that fits me properly... they back seam manages to sit just over my sit bones which puts extra pressure in the highest pressure place of sitting... because of that I've tried a few brands.

luvs2pedal falconi bib shorts are a GREAT deal... if budget is an issue these are worth a try and worth keeping as a backup/2nd pair of bibs when you upgrade.

aerotech has a great quality feel... I really wish the chamois thing wasn't an issue on these because other than that little issue I loved them.

https://www.boure.com/ I went with these guys as a last ditch effort, I messaged them about my issue with prior bibshorts as they will do custom sized/designs if the off the shelf doesn't work for you, I was suggested to go with the classic bibshorts as they had the largest chamois and was extatic to find the coverage was as should be so no need to go custom... I've been out of riding for a while now but I'm getting back into it and will likely order a 2nd pair.
Thanks for the link to Boure, I had not heard of them before. They look like they may work for me.
Old 12-04-20, 11:57 PM
donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mmassey338
Thanks for the link to Boure, I had not heard of them before. They look like they may work for me.
happy to help... I've been really pleased with mine... and it's not much more to have them customize a pair if needed if what they have on the shelf won't work... when I talked with them they suggested me trying the off the shelf first... which happened to work for me.

best of luck
Mark