Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Cinelli Laser "Williams" Cromor knockoffs

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-19, 09:19 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts

Doesn't look as if these have been mentioned in C&V yet: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32293870228.html

I thought I'd seen everything (though there have been direct knockoffs of Lasers originating from Japan, I believe. if it wasn't for the sloping top tube, these would look fairly good:

It'd be nice if bikes like these could still command a market here in the US in the first place on their own (not as a knockoff). I'm sick of seeing crappy tig welds.

-Kurt

Old 12-22-19, 09:23 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Same seller (and "brand") is also offering this. Not cheap and the paint looks dodgy, but definitely KOF material: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2054583042.html

-Kurt

Old 12-22-19, 09:33 PM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 3011 Post(s)
Liked 3,788 Times in 1,405 Posts
I also see a boatload of off-topic knock-off Cinelli RAM bars. I hope karma gets them and these Williams people.
Old 12-22-19, 09:34 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts
Anyone have a spare $600 to burn, time on their hands, a groupset, the know how, and the desire to report back to us? I'll give them credit, better this than churning out another chromo frame that basically looks exactly like every other chromo bike out there...
Likes For uncle uncle:
Old 12-22-19, 10:18 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Originally Posted by uncle uncle
Anyone have a spare $600 to burn, time on their hands, a groupset, the know how, and the desire to report back to us? I'll give them credit, better this than churning out another chromo frame that basically looks exactly like every other chromo bike out there...
Not sure the Laser knockoff is worth the time when there's a lugged touring frame with a level top tube available; granted, it isn't cheap, but - supposedly - that's with the groupset.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888:
Old 12-22-19, 10:35 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Not sure the Laser knockoff is worth the time when there's a lugged touring frame with a level top tube available; granted, it isn't cheap, but - supposedly - that's with the groupset.T

-Kurt
I fully understand that I might be mistaken and confused by the ad. I read it as $440 for a frame, $850 for a completed bicycle (with like $150 shipping, either way)... anyway, I don't have that laying around. (And, I'd rather throw money at the bicycles I already have around.)
Old 12-22-19, 10:52 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Originally Posted by uncle uncle
I fully understand that I might be mistaken and confused by the ad. I read it as $440 for a frame, $850 for a completed bicycle (with like $150 shipping, either way)... anyway, I don't have that laying around. (And, I'd rather throw money at the bicycles I already have around.)
For the Laser - the touring bike is closer to $1,300 all-in.

For C&V'ers, the touring frame would be more or less a novelty - when you're aware of C&V options, there's no real reason to buy new.

As for the Laser replica - there are diamond-frame knockoffs with actual Cinelli logos floating out there (supposedly from Japan; where they're built, I don't know). I'm not one for knockoffs, but I'd say that the diamond frame cancels out any interest in a sloping frame knockoff / homage / lookalike at any price.

-Kurt

Old 12-23-19, 11:37 AM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Besides the paint color , I dont see a complete "robbery" of Cinelli being made. The curved rear seat stays and a steel frame are not a complete rippoff of a Cinelli Laser .If the baike would have been painted Red it wouldnt be an issue.
The Logo , well that is another matter.

Besides The new Laser's are Carbon anyway.
Likes For Manny66:
Old 12-23-19, 07:05 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek aspect that I'm not sure I understand as it should be.
I like the bike. I like lots of bikes, though, and not always based on traits discernible to rational people.
The funniest part is Sora. That's Italian, I'm sure.
Likes For RobbieTunes: