Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1965 Phillps 3 Speed bicycle for sale - 19 inch frame

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-20, 12:27 PM
abritishbikefan

Bikes: 1969 Raleigh Sports 3 speed, 1939 Raleigh Sports Tourst Model 37, 1950 Raleigh Sports,1986 Bianchi Sports SX, Trek Mountain Bike, Cannondale Road bike 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

For sale: a 1965 Phillips 3 speed. Bike has its share of surface rust and patina but it rides and stops perfectly. New tires, new seat and new bike bag. Hub has been serviced and this bike is ready for the campus, bike path or city commute.

Located in Cumberland, RI

Free delivery within 25 miles of Cumberland, RI.

$125 firm. Cash only.

Last edited by abritishbikefan; 09-28-20 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-28-20, 12:51 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Pictures? It is sometimes strange how things like this bike come up. While on my ride this morning, I was thinking of a 3 speed I had when I was 11 or 12 and had a paper route. I was thinking it was an English bicycle, knew it was not a Raleigh, but just could not come up with the name. I kind of forgot about it, but on the last few miles heading home, the name Phillips popped into my head. Now that sounded right, but being the only 3 speed I ever had, and not knowledgeable about them, I really was not sure about that name, Why was I thinking of that bike at that point in time, what was the trigger, I have no idea. Now here I am, the afternoon of the same day, and here is a post for a Phillips 3 speed bike for sale.

The bike was black, though well used, it was in good shape and I had it and rode it still, into junior high school. I have no idea what became of the bike. It was black frame and fork and almost certainly silver rims. I know it was very sturdy as it stood up to the paper route delivery, Illinois weather, riding it on paths worn through the woods, and doing jumps and tricks on ramps we had built in an old sand/gravel pit. Anyway, though I cannot see myself purchasing this bike, I sure would like to see pictures of it.
Old 09-28-20, 01:51 PM
abritishbikefan

Bikes: 1969 Raleigh Sports 3 speed, 1939 Raleigh Sports Tourst Model 37, 1950 Raleigh Sports,1986 Bianchi Sports SX, Trek Mountain Bike, Cannondale Road bike 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Here's another picture of the Phillips bike. My first real grown-up bike was a 1969 Raleigh Sports 3 speed that my dad had ridden. I rode that bike through middle school into high school. I have no idea how since they weigh a ton. In the late 70s I bought a 10 speed and the Raleigh sat behind the house until it was off to the scrap yard. I regret not going back and getting that bike.

In March I started servicing my own 3 speed bikes and then bought one and fixed it up and sold it. It was fun. Now I can rebuild the hubs (and they actually work) and bring these great bikes back. They were bullet-proof and easy to fix.