Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Massachusetts

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Massachusetts

Old 10-08-20, 01:04 AM
Neal S
Neal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Massachusetts

Cycling on road bikes for about 40 years. Presently riding an old Gaburro bike I recently purchased from a decent chap here (Thanks HPL, he also told me to register). I'm partially tearing it down for a rebuild even though it is in perfect working order as it was built, but I need to set up for my size, type of riding, etc.; replacing wheels, freewheel, stem, bar, pedals, post and saddle. Looking forward to learning about this apparently hard to find brand; I'd never heard of it before until I was shopping for another frame/bike.

Last edited by Neal S; 10-08-20 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-08-20, 11:44 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal S
Cycling on road bikes for about 40 years. Presently riding an old Gaburro bike I recently purchased from a decent chap here (Thanks HPL, he also told me to register). I'm partially tearing it down for a rebuild even though it is in perfect working order as it was built, but I need to set up for my size, type of riding, etc.; replacing wheels, freewheel, stem, bar, pedals, post and saddle. Looking forward to learning about this apparently hard to find brand; I'd never heard of it before until I was shopping for another frame/bike.
Hey Friend! Glad you joined up here. Some good knowledge on vintage bikes; sorry I didn't really have any info on that bike frame. Hope you've been able to ride it before your mods. If I learn anything else about that marque I'll let you know. I still have your email; you are most welcome to contact me here or via email. Only photos I found were of the frame before it got built up; I generally don't take pics except if trying to ID something or for the rare sale of a bike; I deleted the bike pics when I removed the for sale listing. If you send me photos I can post them for you if you want to show it before your changes are made. Also, I have one of those 3t stems you wanted, but it may be too long or short (110mm); forgot what length you thought you wanted. If I get back up there before the snow I might drop over for a ride if you have the bike finished.
Old 10-11-20, 05:55 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy!
Old 10-15-20, 07:23 AM
Neal S
Neal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rage
Howdy!
Originally Posted by HPL
Hey Friend! Glad you joined up here. Some good knowledge on vintage bikes; sorry I didn't really have any info on that bike frame. Hope you've been able to ride it before your mods. If I learn anything else about that marque I'll let you know. I still have your email; you are most welcome to contact me here or via email. Only photos I found were of the frame before it got built up; I generally don't take pics except if trying to ID something or for the rare sale of a bike; I deleted the bike pics when I removed the for sale listing. If you send me photos I can post them for you if you want to show it before your changes are made. Also, I have one of those 3t stems you wanted, but it may be too long or short (110mm); forgot what length you thought you wanted. If I get back up there before the snow I might drop over for a ride if you have the bike finished.
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! Hey Rage, where are you located (city, upstate)?
Old 10-22-20, 09:01 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal S
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! Hey Rage, where are you located (city, upstate)?
Hi Neal, currently dislocated from my NYC apt. I dip in two or three times a week but am dividing my time between Harrison, NJ, and the North Shore of Staten Island for the time being.
I’m actually taking a break now from hauling boxes in SI lol.
Stay safe!