Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Cyclocross Racing
Reload this Page >

Salsa Cowchipper Handlebar width

Search
Notices
Cyclocross Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 07:53 PM
Ivo_Shandor

Bikes: Ridley Gladius, Gunnar Crosshairs, Niner Sir9, Gunnar Crosshairs(1999)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everybody,

I just got the Salsa Cowchipper handlebar in size 42 for my LHT. Anyone else have these bars?
The reason I ask is because the width at the hoods is 42 and the drops flare to a whopping 54(!!!!!).

I think I want a 44 width at the hoods, but I really dont want the drops to be any wider. Im hoping the drop width stays constant as the hood with gets wider.

-->My question would be if anyone has these bars in a 44, how wide are they at the drops?
Old 03-02-16, 05:00 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
then You want regular drop bars that dont flare the drops , I presume , some of Nitto's heat treated bars Perhaps ?

lots of versions of WTB dirt drop now, with flared drops, the Cunningham prototype was a re-bent Cinelli 64.
Old 03-02-16, 05:11 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivo_Shandor
Hi everybody,

I just got the Salsa Cowchipper handlebar in size 42 for my LHT. Anyone else have these bars?
The reason I ask is because the width at the hoods is 42 and the drops flare to a whopping 54(!!!!!).

I think I want a 44 width at the hoods, but I really dont want the drops to be any wider. Im hoping the drop width stays constant as the hood with gets wider.

-->My question would be if anyone has these bars in a 44, how wide are they at the drops?
I see this was posted a month ago, but I just got my Woodchippers. Yes, the are wider! I have the 44 cm Woodchippers, just installed on Monday. I ran down to measure, they are 24 inches (61cm) center-to-center at the barends. You should look at the Cowchippers to have less flare but some flare.

I LOVE my Woodchippers on the Pugsley!