Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Help me build my custom Surly LHT

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Help me build my custom Surly LHT

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-20, 11:44 AM
JayKay3000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Blueweim
Ok I’m looking for a long haul trucker for my daughter 54cm. Now I’m thinking new. Some lht’s are going for 1350 stock before tax. Bikemon has a price drop to 360 on Grandpas Thermos. I love that color, free ship no tax. That’s a saving of 160 dollars. I have a new handle bar here from my Cross Check that I replaced for a flat bar. Can I build the trucker with good components for a decent price? The bike is going to be used mostly as a commuter.
Maybe you should start a new thread?
Old 04-22-20, 01:38 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Blueweim
Ok I’m looking for a long haul trucker for my daughter 54cm. Now I’m thinking new. Some lht’s are going for 1350 stock before tax. Bikemon has a price drop to 360 on Grandpas Thermos. I love that color, free ship no tax. That’s a saving of 160 dollars. I have a new handle bar here from my Cross Check that I replaced for a flat bar. Can I build the trucker with good components for a decent price? The bike is going to be used mostly as a commuter.
I wouldn’t go with the Jamaican company Bikemon, as your frame could have traces of ganja, which could get you into hot water at airports. OTOH, I’ve heard good things about Bikeman.