Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What sort of Sorcery is this??

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What sort of Sorcery is this??

Old 05-05-20, 11:47 AM
Vintage_Cyclist

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Given the similarity of the road and bicycle posing, I'm guessing this bike on eBay is from the same guy who had the bike in the original post. Note the same fence line in the left of the picture. Also, this seller and the original FB poster are both in the Netherlands.

The original picture was taken on cloudy day, but you can still see some shadowing. Here, obviously a sunny day. If there was any photoshopping, it was to remove whatever is supporting the bikes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ste...wAAOSwGytesYkK
Likes For Vintage_Cyclist:
Old 05-05-20, 01:59 PM
Bianchi84

Bikes: 1984 Bianchi Tipo Corsa, 1985 Cannondale SM600 (24/26)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 49 Posts
Ghost - ride and fast shutter?
Old 05-05-20, 03:31 PM
Big Block

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
I just use a piece of acrylic.
If you wanted to go the extra then you would heat the acrylic and make a bend at the end so that end acts as a foot for use on a hard surface. And make a cutaway at the top to match the curve of the crank arm/bottom bracket interface.
And then you should have a number to accommodate differing bottom bracket heights.
And easier to photograph on a cloudy day.

I now don't bother to Photoshop it out, and it is clear in this photo. It is a very simple task in Photoshop to clone adjacent grass to match.
But then if it is removed, it is confusing to the eye and that, to me is taking away from looking at the image. You also wonder what other 'corrections' were done. That then lessens the presentation.
For me, it is better for someone who wants to know to see the answer, appreciate the care taken and then return to the image.

I do not like the garage doors or other distractions that inevitably come from propping it up against an object.

Pursuit side by philip.knight, on Flickr

And then you can get back to the real purpose of looking at what someone posts as a finished project. All the things you would do to finish it properly.

Last edited by Big Block; 05-05-20 at 03:35 PM.
Likes For Big Block: