Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Nakto Electric Bike Camel 250w

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-20, 06:13 PM
Tpsfoto

Bikes: Specialized Vita Limited, Giant Talon 2, Diamondback insight 2, Sepecialized Hardrock women's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

Ok....I know this is on the low end of electric bikes....but I sold my golf cart (paid $1400.00 3 years ago) for $1700.00 plus a new nakto electric bike camel 250w.....I ride my Specialized every other day....and have been using the Nakto to go 5 miles, with a lot of hills....to play pickleball....
Anyone have experience with the Nakto?

thanks
larry
Old 06-13-20, 03:06 PM
Dewey101

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Sports; 2017 Breezer Downtown 8 ST converted to ebike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Review here https://electricbikereview.com/nakto/camel/
Main problem is the scooter style band brake on the rear wheel, what has been your experience going down steep hills?

Last edited by Dewey101; 06-13-20 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-13-20, 03:20 PM
Tpsfoto

Bikes: Specialized Vita Limited, Giant Talon 2, Diamondback insight 2, Sepecialized Hardrock women's

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Brakes

Not an issue at all.... but rear is left hand.... front is right
i do use both and make sure all weight on seat
i did see the reviews.... but sometimes they are written / produced by manufacturers .... not real customers
Old 06-13-20, 03:47 PM
Dewey101

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Sports; 2017 Breezer Downtown 8 ST converted to ebike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
My only experience with this model is a colleague at my work place rode one to and from work every day for two years and has recently replaced it with another ebike of the same model, works for her. I recently replaced the cranks on my Bafang mid drive with similar 6” steel square taper cranks as on the Nakto and I haven’t had any problems with the shorter length.

Last edited by Dewey101; 06-13-20 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-13-20, 11:31 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
I always wondered about the funky band brake on the Natko, but it;s the front that does most of the stopping anyway.. Enjoy it and have fun with the pickle ball.
Old 06-19-20, 06:57 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Tpsfoto
Ok....I know this is on the low end of electric bikes....but I sold my golf cart (paid $1400.00 3 years ago) for $1700.00 plus a new nakto electric bike camel 250w.....I ride my Specialized every other day....and have been using the Nakto to go 5 miles, with a lot of hills....to play pickleball....
Anyone have experience with the Nakto?

thanks
larry
I looked at this bike as a possible next purchase. I prefer the "step-thru" design for it's ease of approach-ability. I am older now and have moderate disabilities. I no longer believe this frame style is for women only. It is practical for both genders for riding in the city IMHO.

But then I found out about a similar bike from a brand called "SOHOO" and at least on paper, it looks like it has some advantages over the NAKATO such as a 350 watt motor instead of just a 250 though.the later may be enough for most use cases. Also, it has V-brakes for both front and back.

https://sohooebike.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=54

This is the black model though it comes in white and cream as well. I haven't found any reviews on YouTube except a video or two on how to assemble it.

Leave it to me, I like budget priced Chinese made bikes.😊

Last edited by edwong3; 06-19-20 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-20-20, 09:24 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 620 Posts
Be really careful when comparing motors. Some companies rate the same motor differently. For instance AFAIK, Dillenger has the same motor rated for 250w (EU &AU) and 350w (US). They're not the only ones doing it. Also many motors can use much more power than their rating.
Old 06-21-20, 11:15 PM
edwong3

Originally Posted by 2old
Be really careful when comparing motors. Some companies rate the same motor differently. For instance AFAIK, Dillenger has the same motor rated for 250w (EU &AU) and 350w (US). They're not the only ones doing it. Also many motors can use much more power than their rating.
Good point. But then we would have to be careful with any manufacturer then. If we can't give them the benefit of the doubt, what's the point in spec sheets?
Old 06-22-20, 11:26 AM
2old

Like anything else, if you trust them, use them; if not, don't. I've put 1500 w+ (30 amp controller X 52V battery) in my 1000w motor many times without it even getting warm. Of course with efficiencies supposedly at 80%, there's lots to consider. In some European countries, where they test motors and individuals can be fined heavily for out of spec systems, the numbers may mean something. Also, I would place more trust in the big OEM's. Also, I really don't care about the specs and use them for reference only.
Old 06-22-20, 08:36 PM
edwong3

Post is totally inconsequential to my original statement. I trust a company or an individual until they give me a reason not to. I believe that today, no e-bike company that has some market presence, is going to put it's reputation at risk lying about motor wattage, especially since at the wholesale level in China, the cost difference between a 250 watt motor and a 350 is quite small..

It was me who debunked the misconception on this forum that Rad Power was shipping bikes with motors rated at 750 watts but instead was trying to sneak in motors that were actually 500 watts. Maybe if the detractors had done their research and leaned that Rad was indeed shipping bikes with 500 watts, to CANADA, where the motor limit is 500 watts, they wouldn't have looked like fools.

Yes, in the EU, they are very serious about making sure e-bikes meet compliance but luckily, we live in the US.

Originally Posted by 2old
Like anything else, if you trust them, use them; if not, don't. I've put 1500 w+ (30 amp controller X 52V battery) in my 1000w motor many times without it even getting warm. Of course with efficiencies supposedly at 80%, there's lots to consider. In some European countries, where they test motors and individuals can be fined heavily for out of spec systems, the numbers may mean something. Also, I would place more trust in the big OEM's. Also, I really don't care about the specs and use them for reference only.
Old 06-22-20, 08:55 PM
2old

I was responding to your previous comment about motor wattage. Check Dillenger's websites in the US and AU; same motor is 350w here and 250w there.

Last edited by 2old; 06-22-20 at 09:04 PM.