Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Can't remove non-driveside Stronglight crank

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Can't remove non-driveside Stronglight crank

Old 06-24-20, 07:40 AM
bikerosity57

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I usually cut them off and throw them away when this happens. Iíve had two or three over the years that unscrupulous sellers have duped me into buying where this has happened. Once to a really nice (looking) Dura Ace set. Salvaged the drive side and had to cut and toss the other.
Old 06-24-20, 08:50 AM
Funktopus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
So these are now staying put. I've ended up ordering a Stronglight 200lx 52/38 with french pedal threading for the new frame. The Look! pedals can go on that, and these cranks can stay where they are. Before anyone worries about any cloak and dagger stuff, I'm not planning on selling the frame - and if I ever do it will be with full disclosure that the stem is stuck and the left hand crank's threading is stripped.
Old 06-24-20, 09:33 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1521 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 295 Posts
Did anyone mention a tie rod puller?