Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Looking to Upgrade from Domane

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Looking to Upgrade from Domane

Old 07-10-20, 05:14 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Congratulations.

Next month, why not get a custom bike? Steel or titanium.
Likes For Cyclist0108:
Old 07-10-20, 05:16 PM
ultrarider7

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Varsity, 1985 Trek 410, 1985 Peugeot P 8, 2021 Pinarello Dogma F12, 2022 Cannondale Topstone Alloy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 1,102 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by OldGlory

S3 with Enve 5.6 Tubeless wheels

The Cervelo has landed. My name is Fred and I am a Dentist.

Great bike!

My wife is a dentist as well. I always tell her if she wants 'X', she needs to put more crowns in. I laugh,thinking it's a pretty funny joke and she doesn't see the humor in it! Enjoy the new ride.
Likes For ultrarider7:
Old 07-10-20, 11:46 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts

S3 with Enve 5.6 Tubeless wheels

The Cervelo has landed. My name is Fred and I am a Dentist.
Congrats! That's a sexy bike. Ride her like a rented hooker (if you will excuse the tautology).
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 07-13-20, 07:20 AM
CerveloS5

Bikes: 2014 Cervelo S5 Di2

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 13 Posts
Congrats! Great choice - how do you like it so far? Really slick build - 100% internal cable routing. Where's the Di2 computer?
Likes For CerveloS5:
Old 07-16-20, 05:05 AM
OldGlory

Bikes: Cervelo S3; Factor LS; Flat Bar Lauf Anywhere; Trek Farley 9.6

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CerveloS5
Congrats! Great choice - how do you like it so far? Really slick build - 100% internal cable routing. Where's the Di2 computer?
Thanks! Sweet Sweet ride. Super smooth on those ENVEs. Feels way faster than the Domane. Very lively. Need to get used to how responsive it is on downhills. It doesn't feel as stable on my (relatively) fast downhills, but I'll get used to it. But I was looking for a more lively bike. First ride was very windy, had a constant breeze of 13 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Definitely felt those gusts hit. Nothing crazy but would not want to be one handed on the bar drinking from the bottle when one hit. The wheels felt amazing. Running them tubeless and they really changed the feel of the bike. They soak up much more road chatter than the temporary wheels I was riding on. Did 20 miles at around 16.9 AMPH with strong headwinds. Good ride for me.

The battery is inside the downtube. The charging point and controller is inside the end of the bar.
Old 07-16-20, 08:50 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Very nice, enjoy.
Likes For blakcloud:
Old 03-19-21, 09:04 AM
joskills

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! Sweet Sweet ride. Super smooth on those ENVEs. Feels way faster than the Domane. Very lively. Need to get used to how responsive it is on downhills. It doesn't feel as stable on my (relatively) fast downhills, but I'll get used to it. But I was looking for a more lively bike. First ride was very windy, had a constant breeze of 13 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Definitely felt those gusts hit. Nothing crazy but would not want to be one handed on the bar drinking from the bottle when one hit. The wheels felt amazing. Running them tubeless and they really changed the feel of the bike. They soak up much more road chatter than the temporary wheels I was riding on. Did 20 miles at around 16.9 AMPH with strong headwinds. Good ride for me.

The battery is inside the downtube. The charging point and controller is inside the end of the bar.
How's the tire fitment in the back with the 28's Do you notice any rubbing or debris getting stuck and scrapping against the curved seat tube?

Cheers!
Old 03-23-21, 05:53 PM
OldGlory

Bikes: Cervelo S3; Factor LS; Flat Bar Lauf Anywhere; Trek Farley 9.6

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
No issues at all. No rubbing or scraping. It is my fair weather bike so never have to deal with mud or debris.