Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Adding an extra water bottle cage to a bike?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Adding an extra water bottle cage to a bike?

Old 09-07-19, 09:18 AM
  #1  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Adding an extra water bottle cage to a bike?

Vintage bikes typically either have no braze ons and rely on clamps for a water bottle cage or have braze ons for one water bottle cage. A second cage is a big deal on a long ride. I'm curious how some of you have added extra water bottle cages.

The most straightforward (and very old school) is to add water bottle cages to the handlebars. This elite "eroica" handlebar cage looks cool but some of the reviewers don't think it works that well

https://www.amazon.com/Elite-0156001...language=en_US

Also bike packers (light weight offroad touring) have some pretty good solutions as well.

Here is a webpage showing some of those solutions:

https://bikepacking.com/index/add-cage-mounts-bike/

I like the idea of a bag that can hold a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle and attaches underneath the downtube. Other possibilities include fork mounted bags and water bottle mounts for the saddle.

Obviously the easiest solution is a hydration bag but I'm looking for other options. So what have you used to add extra water bottle cages to your old bike and how well has that worked?
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:32 AM
  #2  
natterberry 
Senior Member
 
natterberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 525

Bikes: ‘83/‘85 Trek 760, ‘82 Trek 614, ‘77/‘78 Trek 304, ‘74 Raleigh International

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 78 Posts
My oldest Trek has no bosses. Went with the clamp on adapters from Velo Orange. I’m too thirsty of a person to not have water.

natterberry is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:32 AM
  #3  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 154 Posts
Almost done building a bike which will see long miles, and occasional camping. It’s a mid 70’s frame with one set of braze ons for a cage like you mentioned. Downtube of course.

So, this question has been on my mind as well. My thought so far has been to fit the largest bottle I can in the cage, and to carry two extra ~16oz bottles, one in each front pannier.

Looking forward to checking those links out, and to read the comments here to find out what others are doing to meet their hydration needs on the road.

— — —

@natterberry gorgeous Trek btw
deux jambes is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:35 AM
  #4  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by natterberry View Post
My oldest Trek has no bosses. Went with the clamp on adapters from Velo Orange. I’m too thirsty of a person to not have water.
Beautiful bike but that's only 1 water bottle cage. I'm interested in how to add a 2d cage. You could add a cage to the seat tube but that's less than ideal in some ways as you lose a great place for the pump.

What get me thinking about this is that I've been riding my early 70s Fuji Finest a fair bit and I'd like to do some longer events with it. Like your bike, I have one water bottle cage on the downtube and I run my pump on the seat tube.


Last edited by bikemig; 09-07-19 at 09:39 AM.
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:41 AM
  #5  
Loose Chain
Senior Member
 
Loose Chain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,067

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 52 Posts
Use the same VO clamps and mount under the front tube.

Or ride vintage and then drink vintage, people were not constantly hydrating with camel packs and sports drinks and some how managed to survive but with one (on none) water bottles.
Loose Chain is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:42 AM
  #6  
Vintage_Cyclist
Senior Member
 
Vintage_Cyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 1,334

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
A pair of DMR Hinged Clamps. Rock solid.


Vintage_Cyclist is offline  
Likes For Vintage_Cyclist:
Old 09-07-19, 09:42 AM
  #7  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
Almost done building a bike which will see long miles, and occasional camping. It’s a mid 70’s frame with one set of braze ons for a cage like you mentioned. Downtube of course.

So, this question has been on my mind as well. My thought so far has been to fit the largest bottle I can in the cage, and to carry two extra ~16oz bottles, one in each front pannier.

Looking forward to checking those links out, and to read the comments here to find out what others are doing to meet their hydration needs on the road.

— — —

@natterberry gorgeous Trek btw
Adding bags to a pannier is definitely a great way to add more water capacity but I'd go bigger than 16 ounces. Why not use a 32 ounce Nalgene or something similar? If running a large enough saddle bag (say a Carradice for example), an extra Nalgene could go there. With a one liter zefal water bottle on the downtube, you're talking about 64 ounces and that's pretty decent.
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:43 AM
  #8  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage_Cyclist View Post
A pair of DMR Hinged Clamps. Rock solid.

I'd rather not lose the seat tube for my pump but good to know those are rock solid. Most of the old school clamps for water bottle cages are not that solid. I may get one of these for my down tube just for that reason,
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 09:47 AM
  #9  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose Chain View Post
Use the same VO clamps and mount under the front tube.

Or ride vintage and then drink vintage, people were not constantly hydrating with camel packs and sports drinks and some how managed to survive but with one (on none) water bottles.
I remember those days well. I managed to do a lot of rides in hot muggy weather (I grew up and did a lot of riding in southern Louisiana) with one 16 ounce bottle on the downtube and another in my jersey pocket. I love C&V bikes but I'm ready to move on to "modern" ideas when it comes to hydration,

Yeah the DMR clamps referenced earlier might be perfect for mounting a second water bottle under the down tube. They're on wiggle but not Amazon US.

Last edited by bikemig; 09-07-19 at 09:54 AM.
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 10:06 AM
  #10  
droppedandlost 
small ring
 
droppedandlost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SKC, PNW
Posts: 501

Bikes: 531st, Tange 2, Gilco, SLX/SPX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 91 Posts
This page has been around awhile and some options may no longer be available

Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles without Braze
__________________
droppedandlost is offline  
Likes For droppedandlost:
Old 09-07-19, 10:27 AM
  #11  
natterberry 
Senior Member
 
natterberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 525

Bikes: ‘83/‘85 Trek 760, ‘82 Trek 614, ‘77/‘78 Trek 304, ‘74 Raleigh International

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
Beautiful bike but that's only 1 water bottle cage. I'm interested in how to add a 2d cage. You could add a cage to the seat tube but that's less than ideal in some ways as you lose a great place for the pump.

What get me thinking about this is that I've been riding my early 70s Fuji Finest a fair bit and I'd like to do some longer events with it. Like your bike, I have one water bottle cage on the downtube and I run my pump on the seat tube.
Right. Same goal. I had no cages, and needed to add one. More showing how I added a mount.
natterberry is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 10:34 AM
  #12  
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium
 
thinktubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Across the street from Chicago
Posts: 5,117

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked 416 Times in 232 Posts
I have the same issue with the Superior. I'm doing a century (tomorrow!) and definitely need two bottles. I'm not crazy about bar mount bottles and I use the seat tube for mounting a pump, so I was able to find an option that mounts to the seatpost. This works in my situation because my fit has a lot of post to work with. Might work with less post if you use a regular bottle.



The bottle tucks in nice under the saddle and doesn't interfere with my pedal stoke or the brake cables. I can't tell it's there. The construction is all aluminum and seems sturdy enough. $8 shipped.



I was considering a dual cage set up, but it's pricey and doesn't look well made.

thinktubes is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 10:39 AM
  #13  
Salamandrine 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,968

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2163 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
Unless you had some custom super fancy frame, all water bottles were attached with straps until the end of the 70s. Almost all water bottle cages were TA. The straps to hold them on came with them, and were once a ubiquitous bike shop item. VO is the only place that still sells them. FWIW that's the historically correct way to do it. The standard move if adding a second cage was to put it on the seat tube. The frame pump then was moved to the top tube, or sometimes behind the seat tube if there was room. Top tube pump location requires a pip or umbrella clip, and a velcro strap for safety.

Anyhow, BITD, that's what I would do on a really hot day. Strap on a second bottle to the seat tube. Move the pump.

Moving to the modern day, most bottle cages won't even work with the old style straps. If working with a vintage bike, King sells those modded band clamps that should do the trick. I think the seat tube is still the best place for a second bottle. Handlebar cages are a viable option. Weight on the bars does slightly effect handling. If you've got a handlebar bag anyway, you could put a bottle in there. My modern classic bikes have dual cage braze ons. DT and ST. For camping, I'll take a couple Nalgene 32oz bottles and stuff 'em into my panniers. FWIW they fit into the pocket of Carradice Kendals. There's also those modern bladder things. Probably a good idea.

Which reminds me, when touring circa the early to mid 80s, standard configuration for me at least was: downtube tube bottle, seat tube bottle (w straps), and a bota bag for extra water. Yep, good old bota bags. Flexible hydration reservoir long before their time...
Salamandrine is online now  
Old 09-07-19, 11:00 AM
  #14  
2wheeljonz 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 98

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Titanium, AX, '74 Raleigh International, Velo Orange Randonneur, Trek 7600, Fuji Touring Series V, DeRosa, Miami Vice Ironman, Eddy Merckx 10th Anniversary

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
I'd rather not lose the seat tube for my pump but good to know those are rock solid. Most of the old school clamps for water bottle cages are not that solid. I may get one of these for my down tube just for that reason,
i have those clamps on the seat tube of my International. They are rock solid. However, keep in mind that on the downtube, the hinge and closure get in the way of the shifter cables.
DAMHIK
2wheeljonz is offline  
Likes For 2wheeljonz:
Old 09-07-19, 11:36 AM
  #15  
due ruote 
Senior Member
 
due ruote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,111
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 107 Posts
Sometimes the pump can be positioned between the rear q/r lever (pointed toward the saddle) and the seat cluster. That’s what I do on my Ross (which has cage mounting points on both dt and st) and never a problem. I did have to notch the fender a bit for clearance.
due ruote is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 02:17 PM
  #16  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine View Post
Unless you had some custom super fancy frame, all water bottles were attached with straps until the end of the 70s. Almost all water bottle cages were TA. The straps to hold them on came with them, and were once a ubiquitous bike shop item. VO is the only place that still sells them. FWIW that's the historically correct way to do it. The standard move if adding a second cage was to put it on the seat tube. The frame pump then was moved to the top tube, or sometimes behind the seat tube if there was room. Top tube pump location requires a pip or umbrella clip, and a velcro strap for safety.

Anyhow, BITD, that's what I would do on a really hot day. Strap on a second bottle to the seat tube. Move the pump.

Moving to the modern day, most bottle cages won't even work with the old style straps. If working with a vintage bike, King sells those modded band clamps that should do the trick. I think the seat tube is still the best place for a second bottle. Handlebar cages are a viable option. Weight on the bars does slightly effect handling. If you've got a handlebar bag anyway, you could put a bottle in there. My modern classic bikes have dual cage braze ons. DT and ST. For camping, I'll take a couple Nalgene 32oz bottles and stuff 'em into my panniers. FWIW they fit into the pocket of Carradice Kendals. There's also those modern bladder things. Probably a good idea.

Which reminds me, when touring circa the early to mid 80s, standard configuration for me at least was: downtube tube bottle, seat tube bottle (w straps), and a bota bag for extra water. Yep, good old bota bags. Flexible hydration reservoir long before their time...
Your're talking about these from King, right?

https://www.benscycle.com/King-Cage-Universal-Support-Bolt/Water_Bottle_Cage_Hardware_KingCage_SupportBolt_584/Product?ad_id=MAgoogle&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqs3rBRCdARIsADe1pfTLoPAgIT1DgsopxmDqVYizeJHWwaaFuiOU0CNIOIPnWvO Qh9zGglEaArzsEALw_wcB

These are very clever but pricey at $6 each. They look very solid. They look like a modded hose clamp and they do look like they'll hold a water bottle cage securely. I would trust these under the down tube or on the seat tube.

I agree by the way. The combo of a modern water bottle cage with the old school clamps is often not a solid one which is why I started this thread.

VO clamps are a heck of a lot cheaper at $3 for a pair but the VO site says they do not work with VO water bottle cages. Huh?

That's too bad because I like VO cages and I'm running one on my Fuji with an old school clamp. It is working but it was a pain to get on and the clamps are not holding as well as they might.

https://velo-orange.com/products/bottle-cage-clamp

Last edited by bikemig; 09-07-19 at 02:22 PM.
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 02:30 PM
  #17  
nomadmax 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,449
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 694 Times in 368 Posts
I wouldn't put those King Cage hose clamps on anything but a gas pipe beater. I am going to a set of those hinged clamps mentioned above
nomadmax is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 02:34 PM
  #18  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax View Post
I wouldn't put those King Cage hose clamps on anything but a gas pipe beater. I am going to a set of those hinged clamps mentioned above
bikemig is offline  
Likes For bikemig:
Old 09-07-19, 02:38 PM
  #19  
Dfrost 
Senior Member
 
Dfrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,549

Bikes: ‘87 Marinoni SLX Sports Tourer, ‘79 Miyata 912 by Gugificazione

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 51 Posts
I added a second cage with a Zefal Gizmo kit (available from Amazon, like just about everything), and switched to a Lezyne Road Drive pump (largest size) with it’s clamp secured under the original DT bottle cage. Black tape under the Gizmo straps to protect the nice black Miyata finish on the ST. Very happy with both for years, and I’ve used that pump for several road side flat fixes with no complaints. BTW, the available Lezyne pressure gauge, which replaces the normal hose for this pump, works quite well.

Dfrost is offline  
Likes For Dfrost:
Old 09-07-19, 02:42 PM
  #20  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 438 Posts
There are those fantastic Rivnuts that are great for adding a second (or third) water bottle location to a bicycle. All you need to do is carefully drill two holes the size the Rivnuts are, insert the Rivnut into the hole and the tighten the Rivnut with a (usually M5) long bolt with a nut on it. The bolt is threaded into the Rivnut so that the bolt extends beyond the Rivnut in the frame and then the nut on the bolt is tightened against the Rivnut and crushes it inside the frame in a manner very similar to how a Pop-Rivet works. I thread the bolt onto the Rivnut BEFORE pushing the Rivnut into the hole. I've used Rivnuts on a number of bicycle frames and find them very secure. Whats great about Rivnuts is that they are flush against the frame when installed and they look a lot like a brazed-on bottle mount.

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 02:58 PM
  #21  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfrost View Post
I added a second cage with a Zefal Gizmo kit (available from Amazon, like just about everything), and switched to a Lezyne Road Drive pump (largest size) with it’s clamp secured under the original DT bottle cage. Black tape under the Gizmo straps to protect the nice black Miyata finish on the ST. Very happy with both for years, and I’ve used that pump for several road side flat fixes with no complaints. BTW, the available Lezyne pressure gauge, which replaces the normal hose for this pump, works quite well.
Looks like a very clean job. Is that attached with zip ties? It's good to know it doesn't move on you. I have a pump mount for a topeak pump that attaches with zip ties; great pump but the mount does move around.
bikemig is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 03:34 PM
  #22  
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 26,834

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 536 Times in 325 Posts
I use a couple of Minoura handle mounts, both singles and at least one double.




I have some Bell Sports mounts like this but they are not the best.



I have one of these Zefal sets somewhere. They work OK but the rubber shims I used under them left marks on my frame after a year or so.



Here is one of the inexpensive Bell mounts in action

__________________
Bianchis '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, '93 Reparto Corse SBX

Others but still loved; '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape SLX Bertoni "Speckled Trout"

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 09-07-19 at 03:41 PM.
Bianchigirll is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 04:45 PM
  #23  
FBOATSB 
Senior Member
 
FBOATSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,679

Bikes: Old Schwinns

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 53 Posts
Wolftooth makes a side by side adaptor, but it's rather spendy.
FBOATSB is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 05:10 PM
  #24  
Dfrost 
Senior Member
 
Dfrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,549

Bikes: ‘87 Marinoni SLX Sports Tourer, ‘79 Miyata 912 by Gugificazione

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
Looks like a very clean job. Is that attached with zip ties? It's good to know it doesn't move on you. I have a pump mount for a topeak pump that attaches with zip ties; great pump but the mount does move around.
Those aren’t exactly zip-ties (and I had the same problem trying to use a zip-tie as a pump peg). The Zefal Gizmo straps are part of the kit, and are tightened quite securely as the bottle cage screws are tightened.
@Bianchigirll’s last photo above is just like mine. Read the first review to get a better idea how to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zefal-Gizmo-B...ustomerReviews

And I see that there’s an updated version that uses two straps/screw:

https://www.amazon.com/Zefal-Gizmo-I...ustomerReviews
Dfrost is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 05:47 PM
  #25  
bikemig 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 17,032

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4523 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 581 Posts
In addition to that Zefal, there are plastic type mounts from topeak and SKS that look pretty good as well. The SKS comes with a cage:

https://www.amazon.com/SKS-Germany-1...g%2C156&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Versa-...0GFJ37ZSVXWNW6

And here's a review of the topeak:

https://road.cc/content/review/243199-topeak-versamount
bikemig is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.