Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

How does one price a Windsor Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-20, 10:15 PM
CTony

Bikes: 74 Raleigh InternationalRiva-Sport,Frejus

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
How does one price a Windsor Pro?

Hello,I upload some pictures of a Windsor Pro in Classic and vintage bicycles.Now after cleaning bike up lowering seat so that I can ride It.I enjoyed the fill of those tubulars tires.Moving forward was out riding and some cyclists stop spoke with me about the bike and Are conversation went in direction of how much would I sell for.Really! I just found out about history of Windsor Bikes,So my question is this.Does a bike gain value because of components or history around it or both?I hope this message is not confusing Set me straight.Thank You.Be safe out there.
Old 06-21-20, 03:59 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 937 Posts
These days, since the apparent decline in interest in vintage road bicycles, the value of that bike might increase but will do so slowly. If investment is the goal, forget it. The only bikes that are really increasing in value are the real high enders, often times with more recognizable names (Bianchi, Colnagl, Cinelli and the like). European bikes seen to rise in value faster.

Were it me, I would clean the bike up, make it safe to ride and road worthy, and then ride it. Of course, if I did that I would have to get rid of one of my bikes now and none of them are going anywhere unless something incredible comes along.
Old 06-21-20, 09:10 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
I think the desire of the buyer is the biggest factor.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-21-20, 09:59 AM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26393 Post(s)
Liked 10,367 Times in 7,198 Posts
...if your bike still has the stock original Campagnolo component group, those parts have a certain value in and of themselves. At the time it was sold new, it went for about half of what a similar Italian frame with those parts would sell for. so about $600 and change, versus $1200-1300. Personally, I find the ride and function of these to be pretty close to any other Columbus SL framed bike of similar age. But they used to sell used for much less, because the people buying them still remembered the original circumstances.

I have no idea what yours ought to sell for, and a lot of it depends on condition, circumstances, and location.
Old 06-21-20, 01:43 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 6,461 Times in 3,194 Posts
Op posted pics in this thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...formation.html

But no full bike pic of the drive-side, which is the most important shot.

Also, don't know his location nor the market he's targeting.
Old 06-21-20, 05:01 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa

But no full bike pic of the drive-side, which is the most important shot.
You must have missed the first pic in the thread.

Likes For cb400bill:
Old 06-21-20, 05:54 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,272 Times in 1,274 Posts
Very good bikes and well worth at least a few hundred dollars in rideable condition. More depending on condition. I love mine , it rides like a fine Italian racer.
Likes For Kabuki12: