Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Wheel Carrier

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-19, 09:03 AM
Rvav8r

Bikes: 2019 Ibis Hakka MX, 2011 Giant Defy 3 Composite, 2012 Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wheel Carrier

I just got a Hakka MX for a gravel bike. It has through axels and in particular the front wheel has a 12mm x 110mm axel. I carry my bikes in the bed of my pickup with a canopy and use a for mount and wheel hitch holder for the front wheel so that I don't have to lay the bikes down. The wheel carrier is designed for my road bike which has a skewer. I did get an adapter for the fork mount so the bike is stable. I have looked but can't seem to find an adapter so that I can safely carry the front wheel.

I'm looking for solutions. I don't want to chance damaging a spoke by having the wheel bounce around on rough roads.
Old 07-03-19, 10:42 AM
ldmataya 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 28 Posts
You can get a quick release adapter that slides into your wheel axle - we've used that with our Thule wheel carriers (the flexible arm ones). There is also a rigid thru axle wall mount that I've seen, so I just searched amazon for wall mount wheel holder and came up with a Lindarets Narwheel Wall-Mount. That looks like something you could mount in a pickup bed.
Old 07-04-19, 03:33 PM
frogmorton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts

I use these giant wire tie things. You can get them at any hardware store. I secure the wheels to my fork. You could do the same to your frame or any other anchor point.