Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Just starting back cycling and my core is non-existant

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 03:12 PM
breadbin

Bikes: Raleigh 531c, Marin Muirwoods, Brodie Romax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all, I am 150kg, probably around my heaviest and I am so sick of the weight. Gasping walking up stairs and what not and need to get out on the bike more. I bought an ebike and to be fair it is fantastic. I have it a year and I have used it about 5 or 6 times. When I am on it, I am literally euphoric. The endorphins are buzzing and I feel so good. The smile on my face could not get any bigger and not a single problem in my life! Then I ask myself if I love it so much, why don't I do it more often?

I think I may have come up with one reason for this and it is because it is actually not easy. It is not a racing bike but a hybrid and I am pretty upright but I am still holding myself up with my arms. Not half as bad as when I am on my racing bike. My core would be weak as hell, so my arms and chest are getting a workout and they are tired when I come home. It is not so bad that my wrists are going numb or anything it is only like a light workout but I just had one question, will it get better the more often I do this? I really hope so. And has anyone else suffered through this and how long does it take to get ahead of it? I remember as a young fella and cycling for hours and hours and feeling like I could cycle forever. Actually easier than walking. I want that back!

Thanks
Old 04-02-23, 05:55 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
It might get better but consider being proactive and have your fit checked. Sitting on an ebike, nothing should hurt other than maybe your butt.