Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Cinelli/Centurion "Project CInelli" Frame/Fork

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Cinelli/Centurion "Project CInelli" Frame/Fork

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-24, 04:32 PM
NVFlinch 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 43 Posts
SOLD ***** Cinelli/Centurion "Project CInelli" Frame/Fork

*** SOLD *** Here's a rarity - a CenturCinelli !

In the early '80s Centurion arranged with Cinelli to have a test frame produced, in hopes of coming out with a Cinelli made bike. The test frames were labeled as "Cinelli Project" and were the precursor of the 1985 Cinelli/Centurion Equipe bikes, of which around 50-75 were imported. The frame was co-designed by Centurion and Cinelli, and produced in the Cinelli managed Chirico shop on the outskirts of MIlan. The frames were offered in the Bikeology (Centurion owned) 1983 catalog as shown. Chirico was on-line producing Cinelli bikes in 1980, so were at the ready for the Project bikes.The same shop also built some of the SC Cinellis. (The shop owner's son built bikes at both the Chirico and Cinelli facilities). Cinelli pantographs everywhere! Is it a Centurion? The label says so... Is it a Cinelli? The build and labels say so... Call it a Cinelli in drag

{ for a lot more info, see this thread: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ject-bike.html }

No serial number, size 58 stamped on bottom of BB and fork
Circa 1983/1984
Geometry as measured center to center:
TT 56.5mm ST 56.5mm
BB 70mm HT 148mm
WB 990 CS 415mm
Fork 343mm fully sloped integrated crown, rake 40mm
Angles: HT 75.5 ST 74.5 (from the 1983 catalog geometry table)
Steerer tube len 189mm
Steerer tube dia 25.4mm
OLD 126
Weight 4lb 3 oz/1.9 kg, frame and fork

Minor rub marks and scratches, brake cable rubbed through paint on top, typical 'experienced' bike, but no significant dings and no rust. I'll include a replacement decal for the Columbus SL tubing label (still can read the original label but it's salty). I had 28mm tires on the bike, and I think larger ones will fit. The bike has that 'magic' Italian handling that's quick without making you worry about quirky. Rides sweet, and corners just by thinking about it! Well, almost
Pics show the bike as I built it, and if I didn't have more bikes than allowed by law, I would definitely keep it. Better to go to Centurion/Cinelli fans that can treat it right.

Looking for $400 to me, Frame+Fork+Aheadset. Price includes insured shipping CONUS. (Cross posted)

Last edited by NVFlinch; 04-19-24 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Sold