Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

eVee LiV Question

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

eVee LiV Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 01:42 PM
guybob1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
eVee LiV Question

Hello everyone. I've only recently heard about electric bikes and WOW i am floored at the prospect of getting one for myself. I took a look at the eZee Liv electric bike and fell in love with it at first sight.

Does anyone have anything experience with the eZee company? It looks like a solid company to me.

https://www.nycewheels.com/ezee-liv-electric-bike.html

Thats the bike I want to get. I'd like to be able to carry another person on it once and a while, it looks like the rack on the back could be used to seat a person. What do you think?

Thanks
Old 06-02-10, 02:53 PM
morph999 

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's only a 200w motor so you absolutely will not be able to put a 2nd person on that bike unless it's a child or something. I don't like the 200w motors and I don't think you'll be very happy with it unless you like going really slow or just want a very leisurely ride. The ezee motors are great, though, I just don't like this particularly setup.

This is about $300 more but it has a 500w motor and about 1.5 AH bigger battery. It runs on a hub motor just like the ezee.
https://www.currietech.com/currie-tec...ctric-bike.php

If you are willing to put your own together, you can put together a better setup for about half the cost. About $900 - $1000 and with probably more power and a bigger battery. If you buy a e-bike kit from like e-bikekit.com or hightekbikes.com or ampedbikes.com and then buy a lithium battery separately somewhere.
Old 06-02-10, 02:55 PM
morph999 

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Even the Izip zuma probably will not be able to pull 2 people very well if at all. If you want to pull two people, I'd recommend getting a crystalyte 5305 motor or a 5304 motor. It's probably the most powerful hub motor on the market.