Old 12-31-18, 11:45 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Found bike

Someone brought a bike into my work and left it.

Since bikes are not allowed inside of the building it was leaning on my stuff causing damage, we called for the owner to come get it.

We waited three days (we moved it to a safe location but in full view) and still nobody came to claim it.

I was told to throw it away but by the looks of it, it really does appear to be stolen due to the alterations on this once apparently coveted bike. So my boss let me take it home to so I can list it as a found bike.

Is anyone here missing a bike?
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 12-31-18, 10:12 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

46 views and no replies. I put an ad in CL and if nobody claims it, I'll give it away like I did before LOL.

It appears to be a size 54 or 55. Centurion
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 01-02-19, 06:01 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Okay I guess I'll just park it outside of a coffee shop. Someone is going to find a nice IronMan Master.
Old 01-06-19, 07:31 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1610 Post(s)
Liked 2,590 Times in 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Okay I guess I'll just park it outside of a coffee shop. Someone is going to find a nice IronMan Master.
I'll take it off your hands if it's still around.
Old 01-06-19, 11:30 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Originally Posted by curbtender
I'll take it off your hands if it's still around.
Good morning!

Yes, I still have it because I have not had that chance to take it anywhere yet.

It's the IronMan Master, I believe it's a 1989. It's the white and purple one. Dave Scott. I put an ad on CL for a found bike and nobody claimed it. I did not put down exactly what it was because I didn't want people to claim it was theirs and it wasn't....
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6783920306/43srb

Keep in mind that it does not have working brakes. It does have the original derailleurs, though. The wheels need to be replaced... the back one is a disk brake wheel LOL.

It's scuffed up and it does have a medium sized dent on the top tube. I do want to keep the saddle though, my friend needs one.

Old 01-06-19, 11:36 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

My friend and I feed the homeless and I was going to take it and give it to one of the ones who need it but I don't have the money to make it safe. The value, if anything, is in the frame since it's a Dave Scott with the original components. It was a choice between spending the money on fixing the bike or spending the money on buying food to cook for them.

People say I could make 100 off of the frame but since it was a found bike, I figured I pass on the joy.

I gave away another Centurion on here and the person who got it fixed it up pretty good and enjoyed it and that made my heart happy. I'm hoping you'd do the same.
Old 01-06-19, 12:09 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Oh and one other person did ask for it prior to you and I replied back but I'm waiting for him to answer.
Old 01-06-19, 12:45 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Yes, ride with a group that starts regular at the Willows. There are plenty of people out there in some hazardous conditions with all this rain. Sent pm.
Old 01-06-19, 01:58 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 917 Posts
Good morning!

Yes, I still have it because I have not had that chance to take it anywhere yet.

It's the IronMan Master, I believe it's a 1989. It's the white and purple one. Dave Scott. I put an ad on CL for a found bike and nobody claimed it. I did not put down exactly what it was because I didn't want people to claim it was theirs and it wasn't....
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6783920306/43srb

Keep in mind that it does not have working brakes. It does have the original derailleurs, though. The wheels need to be replaced... the back one is a disk brake wheel LOL.

It's scuffed up and it does have a medium sized dent on the top tube. I do want to keep the saddle though, my friend needs one.
My husband's been looking for a Centurion; that looks perfect. Pity we're so far away (at least, until the GRT happens). I hope it finds a good home.
Old 01-06-19, 03:14 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

I was hoping for a local pick up.
Old 01-06-19, 05:09 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
That is a 56cm Centurion Dave Scott Ironman Master, 1988 model, "Purple Haze" smoked fade.
OEM was all 6400, 2x7 with Araya CTL-370 hoops, Nitto steering.
Frame alone worth $125-$200, and rides like $500. I know of which I speak.

This is my 1988 "Purple Haze," and it's been with me for a long time.
For it's 30th birthday, it got new clothes. It went 33 cold-ish miles today.
I'm not the kind of curmudgeon to waste coin on a frame that isn't worthy.

If someone wants that Purple Haze, I suggest they pony up for the homeless shelter and bake a kharma cake.
Turn that bike into blankets, bus tokens, food, or first aid kits. Someone always needs something.

I'll pony up $60 to Siu Blue Wind for the homeless shelter, and he can put the bike in the recycling bin.

Beat that, maybe he'll give you the bike. You gonna let some old guy from the Midwest beat you?
Start your legend today. Buy the legend. Build the legend. Become the legend.

Gauntlet thrown, folks.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 01-06-19 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 12:30 AM
curbtender

Teach a guy to ride and he won't need new shoes? If it doesn't go somewhere else, I'd be willing to get it rolling for you. Can't believe Rob suggesting the recycle bin for a purple haze...
Old 01-07-19, 11:26 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

I am not seeing it as him saying recycle bin. He's saying that he's willing to help pay some money toward who ever wants it so that the money can be used for the homeless. He's challenging others to do the same.
Old 01-29-19, 02:16 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,824 Times in 1,541 Posts
If no one else gets it, here are some ideas

@capnjonny may be willing to drive up the peninsula to get the bike for the non profit he works at the fixes and recycles bikes Bike Exchange https://bikex.org/

or contact good karma they might have some one who would pick it up goodkarmabikes.org - Good Karma Bikes

or post in for sale (or for donation) in the C&V for sale thread

Old 01-30-19, 10:11 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Thank you Squirtdad.

I ended up giving it to the local advocate here for East Bay Bikes. The bike seems to be his size. He's done so much for the cycling community. Just last night he and I went to a meeting at City Hall to talk about a new 175 acre development and I'm hoping that we had encouraged them to make an extension on the cycling trail we have here. When I dropped of the bike, he was so appreciative and promised the bike would be loved.
Old 02-01-19, 12:40 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,824 Times in 1,541 Posts
Thank you Squirtdad.

I ended up giving it to the local advocate here for East Bay Bikes. The bike seems to be his size. He's done so much for the cycling community. Just last night he and I went to a meeting at City Hall to talk about a new 175 acre development and I'm hoping that we had encouraged them to make an extension on the cycling trail we have here. When I dropped of the bike, he was so appreciative and promised the bike would be loved.

nice

Old 04-23-19, 01:46 PM
ExpatPeru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation, but I wanted to thanks you for going through all the trouble of trying to find the owner. Having a bike stolen is a particularly crappy feeling.
Old 04-23-19, 02:06 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Originally Posted by ExpatPeru
I don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation, but I wanted to thanks you for going through all the trouble of trying to find the owner. Having a bike stolen is a particularly crappy feeling.
Thank you. I've tried every avenue.