Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

GW Bridge Path

Old 09-11-19, 12:54 PM
jbithaca

Bikes: Fuji Jari Carbon 1.1, Honey Winterando (made by Seven), Litespeed Arenberg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GW Bridge Path

Are any of the paths open on the GW? Would like to bike over from the NJ side to meet up and ride with a friend who lives in Brooklyn. I live in Ithaca, NY and would be driving down and parking on the NJ side.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-11-19, 01:14 PM
MaxKatt
TeeOhPea 2tha DeeOhGee

Bikes: Several

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 186 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by jbithaca
Are any of the paths open on the GW? Would like to bike over from the NJ side to meet up and ride with a friend who lives in Brooklyn. I live in Ithaca, NY and would be driving down and parking on the NJ side.

Thanks,

Jim

South side GWB pedestrian always open as far as I know. I rolled it just last week myself.
Old 09-12-19, 06:22 AM
dendawg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jbithaca

Thanks,

Jim
The south path is normally open from 6am to 12am. Be carefull where you park. Ft Lee has some restrictive on street parking rules and likes to ticket NY plates. I park in Allison Park which is about a mile north of the bridge off Hudson terrace and open dawn to dusk.
Old 09-16-19, 08:10 AM
MaxKatt
TeeOhPea 2tha DeeOhGee

Bikes: Several

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 186 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by dendawg
The south path is normally open from 6am to 12am. Be carefull where you park. Ft Lee has some restrictive on street parking rules and likes to ticket NY plates. I park in Allison Park which is about a mile north of the bridge off Hudson terrace and open dawn to dusk.

dendawg... GWB not 24x7?!?!? Concerned because I just assumed it was and we're engaged in a fight to insure 24x7 for the NUTZB when the PedPath opens. Damn. What is wrong with people. For commuters, general diversity of life schedules...and common sense... all paths like these should always be opened. You don't close the road at night do you??

...And to OP...definately open as I did it on a loop yesterday. I've parked at food stores, restaurants, and most recently (and I think best most logical option... 24 hour Fitness. They have huge parking and it would be appalling if 24 hour fitness towed a cyclists. I called ahead and they actually approved my leading a club ride out of there. 10 cars parked in the back corner... no problem.