Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

BR-R8010 work with Shimano 600 calipers?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 09-14-20, 01:59 PM
sspeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an old steel bike with Shimano 600 brakes. Presently I have the BR-M50T pads on them. A friend was going to let me use his carbon wheels (for fun), but I needed to change out to brake pads for carbon wheels.

The BR-M50T is a full assembly, so I picked up a pair of R55C4 (BR-R8010) brake shoes so I could easily swap pads.

Looking around on the web though, this seems to be for a slightly different type of brake caliper? Holding them side by side it seems like these should work in the Shimano 600 calipers, but wanted to get a second opinion before I mess some things up.
Old 09-14-20, 05:48 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Kool Stop brake shoes, offer 3 carbon compounds Kool Stop International - High Performance Bicycle Brake Pads Since 1977..

You have permission to try things..