Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Now this is an alternate bike or something

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 08:23 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can ride this. It has a seat, a place to put your feet and handlebars. It was not meant to be ridden by humans however it was meant for the plants of the world. Plants have such a bad sense of balance and all because they are always reaching for the Sun so I made it into a tricycle. This cheap bike was left in my front yard by whoever stole my grandsons Haro. The tricycle rear end was on it's way to the scrape yard when I rescued it.

This is putting a bike out to pasture.

Three months thinking about it. 1.5 hours to do it. I really need to shorten the thinking part up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
phto0009.jpg (27.6 KB, 119 views)
phto0011.jpg (27.7 KB, 55 views)
phto0015.jpg (28.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 05-08-08, 06:51 AM
Floyd
el padre

Bikes: Rans Stratus, ICE TRike, other assorted

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks good to me. If only all the "junker bikes" would end up so floral, or with a 'useful' purpose.
On the other hand some of them are better being melted into something else.
Old 05-08-08, 04:53 PM
FlatTop
holyrollin'

Bikes: Raleigh, Rudge, James 3spds., and a cast of many

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
You just reminded me of all the pallets at work that they must pay to have removed...thanks!
Old 05-09-08, 07:13 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
You know, you could make mobile potting benches with something like that....

East Hill
Old 05-10-08, 07:11 AM
Floyd
el padre

Bikes: Rans Stratus, ICE TRike, other assorted

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you thinking of a business...like a mobile flower potting service... It might go.
Old 05-10-08, 05:35 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlatTop
You just reminded me of all the pallets at work that they must pay to have removed...thanks!
Pallets are building materials for the poor. I use to get $2.50 a piece for them now I can get them for free. How can they be free? Three of them and you have a table. Four make a mulching bin. Nine with almost anything over the top make a deck. If you have enough of them and a tarp and you have a shed/house. If all else fails they make excellent fuel (free energy). If you are truly a wasteful person and we have a lot of them here, you can make a bonfire that will have fire departments for miles around responding.
Pardon me I got carried away.
The material in this case is leftover pieces from a porch I built and some stuff that "She Who Must Be Obeyed" picked up on the side of the road.
Old 05-10-08, 05:59 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by East Hill
You know, you could make mobile potting benches with something like that....

East Hill
One is in the works

Originally Posted by Floyd
Are you thinking of a business...like a mobile flower potting service... It might go.
Don't want no stinking business. I do love using bike parts. Wheels for gates, wheels and parts for mobile benches (some follow money, I follow the shade). I'm working on plans for using frames to make bike racks. I believe heavily in slow however so it could be decades. I've had an small electric truck on the drawing board for years.

It's May so the all consuming project now is gardening in my new , I don't care if it gets dirty, gardening kilt.
Attached Images
banner.jpg (11.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-11-08, 07:14 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oldfool
Pallets are building materials for the poor. I use to get $2.50 a piece for them now I can get them for free. How can they be free? Three of them and you have a table. Four make a mulching bin. Nine with almost anything over the top make a deck. If you have enough of them and a tarp and you have a shed/house. If all else fails they make excellent fuel (free energy). If you are truly a wasteful person and we have a lot of them here, you can make a bonfire that will have fire departments for miles around responding.
Pardon me I got carried away.
The material in this case is leftover pieces from a porch I built and some stuff that "She Who Must Be Obeyed" picked up on the side of the road.

Dang, oldfool, you have me thinking now! I need to re-do my deck soon...pallets...hmmmmmm.

Thanks for those inspiring words!

East Hill