Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Haulin' Bricks

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Haulin' Bricks

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 07:53 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Haulin' Bricks

I never thought I would be hauling bricks on a bike but whilst out and about today on this the last day of winter I found this pile of a dozen bricks that had been put out for trash. I had to have them. I was on my way to pick up dog and cat food but that has to wait until tomorrow. They are all too fat anyway.

I think these Wald folding baskets are doing quite well. 52 pounds and they could have taken more.
All in a days work for this bike.

Last edited by oldfool; 03-19-09 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-19-09, 02:35 AM
Juggler2
W A N T E D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good job!

BTW, happy birthday! From one March 5th baby to another! Except I was born in '54 not '39. Hope I'm still pedaling around, loaded with bricks at 70!

Last edited by Juggler2; 03-19-09 at 02:36 AM. Reason: It don't cost anything.
Old 03-19-09, 02:59 PM
Sturmcrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really enjoy your blog, and as you say, the cats and dogs will live another day.
Old 03-20-09, 08:10 AM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not to fear the dogs and cats got their food yesterday afternoon. I retraced my path and picked up 35 pounds of animal feed, library books and yeast for my bread making.
They never said thanks or anything they just look at the dry food then give me that look of "why can't we have more kitchen scraps?". Worthless Ingrates.
Old 03-20-09, 08:21 AM
oldfool
Infidel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Juggler2
Good job!

BTW, happy birthday! From one March 5th baby to another! Except I was born in '54 not '39. ................!
I did have a happy birthday and I hope your 55th went well. I spent my double nickel in a rocky graveyard in the desert with a lot of tears all around.

Do you really juggle as in throw stuff in the air? I always wanted to but finally put it on my list of things I can't do. That's the list right next to the list of things I don't do well (a very long list).