Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Off my rocker

Old 04-09-20, 07:12 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Off my rocker

This changes things. Like, no more sore ass after 30min of indoor riding. I've had it up to 325w for 3min in my 3x3 workout. Also about 400w climbing standing. No sprint yet. I need to update the zip tie "tilt limiters" with some real hardware, but it works great.

The swivel for the front wheel works the business. No more stressed/creaky bike on the trainer. I feel it destresses the bike frame a LOT to do stuff like a rocker plate.

For the indoors folks, it's worth a look into buying something pre-made or looking up plans. This is my design copying what the Kurt units kind of do.

Likes For burnthesheep:
Old 04-09-20, 03:10 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Tell us more about what we're looking at here. Does the kickr core move side to side, or is it just the front end?
Likes For wktmeow:
Old 04-09-20, 03:20 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
video would help
Likes For gsteinb:
Old 04-10-20, 02:19 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
TMI ALERT Last couple Strava races I've done, my left cheek ended up badly scabbed. I think I know what the issue is, besides a ton of sweat I seem to be sliding too much on a static seat. Zero issues outdoors.

I'm looking into solutions, but really I don't to spend anything right now.
Old 04-11-20, 03:24 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
Tell us more about what we're looking at here. Does the kickr core move side to side, or is it just the front end?
I removed the two horizontal Kickr Core legs. I took scrap metal tubes I had and attached furniture rockers to them. Then attached my replacement legs to the original mount points.

The trainer rocks side to side on a pivot at those springs and the front wheel steers on a sloped lazy susan I made and attached my riser block to.

At simple spinning it has that little bit of motion like on road. At more power or out of saddle, you can rock it side to side pretty well.

I chose furniture rockers as if they’re good enough for a 300lb fattie to rock on in a recliner they’re fine for a 150lb cyclist.

Originally Posted by gsteinb
video would help
Fair. I’ll work on it.

Tomorrow is the Zwift team zone 1 spin with mixed sprints. We’re gonna see how well this works then!