Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

MXUS XF15 rear hub motor spoke size

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-20, 05:48 AM
Billriv1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

High guys. I am starting an ebike conversion on a 20 inch wheel Tern A7 Link folding bike. This is my first DIY ebike conversion, because as has been said, "necessity is the mother of invention". In other words, I don't have a whole lot of money!

I am going to start with the wheel build and hope you guys can help me out with your experience with ebike conversion kits.

I bought a 36V 500W MXUS XF15 rear hub motor from PSWPOWER, which is a China based company. The motor specs show a spoke specification of 36H*13G, but I don't know what that means. I know 13G is a reference to spoke gauge, but what does 36H represent? Does anyone know what spoke size I would need for my 20 inch rear wheel? Below is the link to the motor.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 01-20-20, 05:56 AM
dsbrantjr

Bikes: '93 Trek 750, '92 Schwinn Crisscross, '93 Mongoose Alta

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,092 Times in 723 Posts
36H means that there are 36 spoke holes. You will need to know several specifications of your hub and rim, and the spoking pattern you intend to use, to calculate your spoke lengths.
Likes For dsbrantjr:
Old 01-20-20, 06:40 AM
Billriv1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for your response dsbrantjr. Now that I know what 36H means, I'm hoping that someone might have the specs I need to determine spoke size.

Bill
Old 01-20-20, 08:18 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3672 Post(s)
Liked 5,425 Times in 2,757 Posts
Originally Posted by Billriv1
Thank you for your response dsbrantjr. Now that I know what 36H means, I'm hoping that someone might have the specs I need to determine spoke size.

Bill
Not likely anyone will know your specific measurements. I suggest you do some Googling or take your stuff to a bike shop and have them build a wheel. Also, there is an ebike forum section that might be more helpful as you progress with your project.
Old 01-20-20, 08:25 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Based on your questions I have to assume you have no experience building a bike wheel of any type. I also suggest you have the wheel built by a competent bike shop, preferably one with some e-bike experience.
Likes For HillRider: