Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Alloro - 56cm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-20, 11:20 AM
Guyatwork37

Bikes: Specialized Allez 3Rensho, Spcialized Roubaix Expert, Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Bianchi Alloro - 56cm

This bike popped up recently and I'm curious if the $500 is appropriate, over-stated, or under-stated. It's a Bianchi Alloro (which admittedly I don't know much about that model) and looks to be in good shape. Any thoughts are appreciated

. Thanks!
Old 11-13-20, 01:14 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Without a bit more information pinning down the year is a bit difficult. Sadly the brake calipers have been swapped out so it makes things murkier. It is likely an 84 or 85 model but just which is difficult to say as they were nearly identical. The tubing decal may have given us a clue but that seems to be gone.

The fork is not original so I would be looking for an explanation of that and checking the DT closely.

Personally between the fork, missing hoods, and swapped out brakes I am thinking closer to $300-350 is more realistic.

Regardless of year the tubing is Columbus the '84 having Double Butt Alle and the '85 having TreTubi ChroMoly both using Falck forks (although not an issue in this example)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 11-15-20, 03:36 AM
meeshoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool bike!
Old 11-16-20, 04:58 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
It has a Piaggio decal, so unless it's a repaint with incorrect decals, it wouldn't be as late as 1985. Agreed, the fork is a replacement but there's no signs of frame stress in the typical areas, immediately behind the head lugs. $500 is grossly overpriced for a circa 1984, lower mid-range model with replacement forks and non-OEM brake calipers, even if they are better than the original brakes.