Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Free Forks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-23, 06:26 PM
kansascity 
Honorary Bicycle Rider

Bikes: N+1's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Free Forks

CLAIMED AND SHIPPED
You pay shipping only and I will ship padded in polybag to keep cost low. I did a quick estimate on PirateShip and I think these should ship for less than $15.

#1 Motobecane Jubilee Sport Vitus 888 (stamped V 172 on inside) 630 wheelset in Gun Metal Gray, steer tube is 7.5" long (I had previously noted this was a 54cm bike) needs 22.0 stem
More PHOTOS

#2 Chrome Naniwa Made In Japan 24" wheel 330mm from crown to dropout, steer tube is 9" long, 22.2 stem
More photos

Last edited by kansascity; 01-15-24 at 02:29 PM. Reason: CLAIMED AND SHIPPED
Likes For kansascity:
Old 11-21-23, 01:14 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked 3,625 Times in 1,448 Posts
Not that I need any forks, but I sort of have a frame to go with that chrome fork

I've got a Dawes Galaxy frame in about 58-59cm from the early 70s most likely and the front fork probably never got the dropouts brazed. One of them is just sort of hanging in there. This fork, plus that frame, might make for an interesting combination. The original fork would come w/ the bike of course, if someone wished to re-braze and then re-chrome. Chrome is good on the back socks. I had a newer tange fork that I thought could work, but it is a sloping crown and would look out of place. Also on the house.

If that make this fork more appealing to someone, I'm happy to help! And good on you

Old 11-22-23, 04:53 PM
kansascity 
Honorary Bicycle Rider

Bikes: N+1's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Not that I need any forks, but I sort of have a frame to go with that chrome fork

I've got a Dawes Galaxy frame in about 58-59cm from the early 70s most likely and the front fork probably never got the dropouts brazed. One of them is just sort of hanging in there. This fork, plus that frame, might make for an interesting combination. The original fork would come w/ the bike of course, if someone wished to re-braze and then re-chrome. Chrome is good on the back socks. I had a newer tange fork that I thought could work, but it is a sloping crown and would look out of place. Also on the house.

If that make this fork more appealing to someone, I'm happy to help! And good on you
What a great offer too! One issue is the chrome fork is for a 24" wheel, which really is not an issue for someone who likes Terry-style bikes. I have had this chrome fork for a long while, I never used it and it looks like it could be NOS.
Old 11-23-23, 08:21 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked 3,625 Times in 1,448 Posts
Oh snap, I somehow TOTALLY glossed over that detail! Well, if it doesn’t really work (other than your aforementioned suggestion) then I’m still happy to bump your thread to the top