Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-24, 03:18 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked 3,897 Times in 1,905 Posts
So is this the bike the one from my previous post was pretending to be?
https://offerup.com/item/detail/269a...b43cd1?cid=7.4

Originally Posted by SoCaled
This bike keeps popping up on Craigslist, wondering what year it would be?
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...731996887.html

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
The decals are all wrong, they look '70s, but I think the bikes is an '85 and as the seller states an Alloro. Sporting brakes, Ofmega SH and cranks and the Gran Sport RD point in that direction.
Old 04-28-24, 05:10 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2948 Post(s)
Liked 2,967 Times in 1,514 Posts
The Bianchi with the clamp on shifters is a bit old for me but I’m pretty it’s ‘70s mid level model judging by what looks like a claw mounted Valentino

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 04-28-24, 06:06 PM
Bbuggeln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an Eros from the late 90s, I think, but I can't find a SN anywhere. It has 377 stamped under the cranks, but I can't find other numbers. Where do I look??
Old 05-04-24, 08:59 PM
701gravel

Bikes: Cannondale topstone, bianchi project

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Newbie looking for some help

New guy here- Ive posted a separate thread bjt this looks like the place to be. I recently came across what I suspect to be an ‘88ish Bianchi, but would love some help narrowing down the model and year. I am going to be cleaning it up, checking bearing points, getting it running well, but if something goes south I would like to have the original parts specs. I have ran through the catalogues, and the best guess I can come up with is an 88 Trofeo. Heres what I know:

Celeste color, celeste seat, celeste fork, two bottle mounts, air pump holder peg

Frame: Formula 2 columbus
Fork: Formula columbus, celeste (color throws me off)
Headset: Miche
Handlebar: 3t
Stem: Black 3t (this throws me off)
crankset: ofmega
pedals: ofmega
derailleur: suntour Sprint 9000
shift lever/set: suntour (index power control)
seat post: 3t
hubsets: miche

Most pictures I see for this bike are with a black fork and not a 3t black stem. Any help
or feedback would be appreciated! I would share some pictures but I am new to the forum. Best I can do is the profile picture. There is a picture of it in the thread I made, with a picture reply. Serial on the bottom is 2730 and 8•1(or I)

appreciate any help!
Likes For 701gravel:
Old 05-05-24, 07:29 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by 701gravel
New guy here- Ive posted a separate thread bjt this looks like the place to be. I recently came across what I suspect to be an ‘88ish Bianchi, but would love some help narrowing down the model and year. I am going to be cleaning it up, checking bearing points, getting it running well, but if something goes south I would like to have the original parts specs. I have ran through the catalogues, and the best guess I can come up with is an 88 Trofeo. Heres what I know:

Celeste color, celeste seat, celeste fork, two bottle mounts, air pump holder peg

Frame: Formula 2 columbus
Fork: Formula columbus, celeste (color throws me off)
Headset: Miche
Handlebar: 3t
Stem: Black 3t (this throws me off)
crankset: ofmega
pedals: ofmega
derailleur: suntour Sprint 9000
shift lever/set: suntour (index power control)
seat post: 3t
hubsets: miche

Most pictures I see for this bike are with a black fork and not a 3t black stem. Any help
or feedback would be appreciated! I would share some pictures but I am new to the forum. Best I can do is the profile picture. There is a picture of it in the thread I made, with a picture reply. Serial on the bottom is 2730 and 8•1(or I)

appreciate any help!

I agree very, likely an '88 Trofeo, but simply in a different color than the Argentine scheme. Which Bianchi Project do you have? I never see them listed for sale.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-05-24, 09:19 AM
Maxey

Bikes: Some old ones and some new ones

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 94 Posts
Here's the serial # of what I am now fairly certain is a 1990 Bianchi Project 7 I picked up recently. When I bought it I thought I was buying a Grizzly. Thread is here if you're interested (I was so hoping Bianchigirll would chime in on the bike . Accidentally bought a 1st year Bianchi Project 7? - Bike Forums

Can anyone comment on what the 7/7 faintly seen in the bottom left signifies? Month & Day of manufacture? I also welcome comments on the S/N in general and if a limited production bike like a 1990 Project 7 has any special signifiers in the S/N.
Likes For Maxey:
Old 05-05-24, 10:14 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Maxey that is one cool Bianchi and I am very jealous. I have no idea when some of these seem to have Grizzly. Perhaps there was an early quality control issue in the paint shop since the Project 7 and Grizzle use the same Prestige tubing and decals, and even most of the same components. Perhaps there was simply a small number that got through with the wrong decals.

It's weird you very seldom see the Projects bikes for sale but when you do, they seem to have seen little use, especially what looks like offroad use.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-05-24, 10:48 AM
Maxey

Bikes: Some old ones and some new ones

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Maxey that is one cool Bianchi and I am very jealous. I have no idea when some of these seem to have Grizzly. Perhaps there was an early quality control issue in the paint shop since the Project 7 and Grizzle use the same Prestige tubing and decals, and even most of the same components. Perhaps there was simply a small number that got through with the wrong decals.

It's weird you very seldom see the Projects bikes for sale but when you do, they seem to have seen little use, especially what looks like offroad use.
As I understand it, the 1st year P7s arrived with no decals -- seemingly backed up by the 1990 catalog photo showing a bare top tube -- but someone decided they better put something on them, so they arrived with Grizzly decals. I have no idea about the veracity of any of that. You're correct that the P7 and Grizzly had virtually the same components and frame materials, though the geometry and tire clearance appears to differ a lot between the two frames.
Old 05-13-24, 12:24 PM
Newbiekr

Bikes: Vista Silver Shadow, 1981 Bianchi?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I cant believe that it has been almost 4 years since I posted last. Life seems to have gotten in the way… I am finally getting around to looking around for group sets for my Bianchi as I bought it as just a frame. I want to also paint the frame but would like to finish id-ing what model it is before I sand off any stickers that may help. As T-Mar mentioned it is a 1981 model from japan. Piaggio stickers. It has a “Touring” sticker that is not totally rubbed off on the top tube. It also has Shimano vertical rear dropouts and over BB cable routing. Any help would be great. Heading back to school in the fall and would love to get this thing rideable. I’ll work on getting pictures up.