Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Loving the rides in Ocala

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-20, 05:48 PM
NorthFloridaKev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

It's not really the kind of town I'd recommend to a lot of folks... it's split between 55+ communities and horse farms... but man, the trails and paved riding path here is phenomenal.

It's so easy to complain about the things we may not like in life... so it's a good idea to find things to be grateful for. Personally, I am supergrateful for all the trails and riding in places in this town and nearby.
Old 11-24-20, 08:31 AM
cadtag

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you do much pedaling in the National Forest? I'm up in Tally, have kids and grands around Bunnell and Orlando, so drive by the Ocala area quite a bit, or at least did pre-Covid
Old 11-24-20, 09:31 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
I've been spending more time in the Ocala Nat. Forest. There is only one dedicated off road bike trail that I know of and it isn't very long. When I have tried riding my gravel bike on the dirty roads the tires sink into the sugary sand. I'm contemplating getting a fat tire bike. Meanwhile, I been taking my road bike on US 19, 40 and a few of the paved forest roads. I don't like riding on 314 and 316. They have no outside lanes. Kind of surprised at the amount of traffic. Not the quiet country roads I was hoping for.
Old 12-31-20, 10:14 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Look up the Flemington 45 route on Strava or RidewithGPS, it's a little north of Ocala, right off the interstate. About 45 miles, 1,300 feet of elevation. There's maybe 10 miles where you need to be traffic aware, but the rest of the route is super quiet country roads.
Old 02-18-21, 10:30 PM
specie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Podagrower
Look up the Flemington 45 route on Strava or RidewithGPS
Thanks for sharing