Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Silver Comet connecting trails

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-20, 03:18 PM
Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts

My wife and I rode the SCT today for the first time in probably 15 years, Smyrna to the west. It seems that there are all kinds of connecting trails. There's nothing definite on the interns. Lots of maps of planned expansions and so forth, but I can't find anything practical. I tried the ride service--Strava, map my ride, etc-- but unless you know where those people are riding, it's not really possible to get good info from them. But there have to be resources. I see references to "River to Mountable" and "Cumberland Connector"-- but what ate they? Can y'all suggest some resources? Or even suggest good trails?
Old 07-20-20, 05:37 PM
DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8835 Post(s)
Liked 2,983 Times in 1,736 Posts
Originally Posted by Elbeinlaw
My wife and I rode the SCT today for the first time in probably 15 years, Smyrna to the west. It seems that there are all kinds of connecting trails. There's nothing definite on the interns. Lots of maps of planned expansions and so forth, but I can't find anything practical. I tried the ride service--Strava, map my ride, etc-- but unless you know where those people are riding, it's not really possible to get good info from them. But there have to be resources. I see references to "River to Mountable" and "Cumberland Connector"-- but what ate they? Can y'all suggest some resources? Or even suggest good trails?
@Trsnrtr or BillyD

this is not an event or ride and belongs in the southeast regional forum.. Perhaps move this so he can get more eyeballs on his question.
Respectfully yours,
Doug

Thanks.
Old 07-21-20, 04:38 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Moved to SE discussion area.

Old 07-21-20, 04:54 PM
Elbeinlaw

So that's the way you kill off a thread. Move it to a Regional Forum.

Moderators: you do know, I would think, that not only people in the Southeast know about riding in the Southeast and could contribute to my question ... but only people who live in the Southeast would read the Southeast Forum?
Old 07-21-20, 05:48 PM
DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

So that's the way you kill off a thread. Move it to a Regional Forum.

Moderators: you do know, I would think, that not only people in the Southeast know about riding in the Southeast and could contribute to my question ... but only people who live in the Southeast would read the Southeast Forum?
Sorry, I thought I was doing you a favor when I suggested moving it. Especially since it was talking about the Silver Comet trail.
Old 07-22-20, 07:51 AM
Elbeinlaw

No apology necessary. I just wanted to bring a logical disconnect to the moderator's consciousness.

Watching the "Silver Comet" and other "trail" and "route" conversations, it became clear to me really quickly that people from all over come here to ride the Silver Comet. So someone from Oshkosh might have good insights on the trail, but wouldn't necessarily read my question on "Southeast" if they're cycling in other parts of the world.

However … now that you've outed yourself as "Silver Comet Fred," can I shoot some questions at you?
Old 07-22-20, 07:58 PM
DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

No apology necessary. I just wanted to bring a logical disconnect to the moderator's consciousness.

Watching the "Silver Comet" and other "trail" and "route" conversations, it became clear to me really quickly that people from all over come here to ride the Silver Comet. So someone from Oshkosh might have good insights on the trail, but wouldn't necessarily read my question on "Southeast" if they're cycling in other parts of the world.

However … now that you've outed yourself as "Silver Comet Fred," can I shoot some questions at you?
Fire away but I did not understand your original question. I ride the SCT 3-5 times per week. I am familiar with the beginning at Smyrna but don't go down that far too often due to the heavy traffic on the trail from Floyd road.

I am an outside the perimeter guy and won't be much help about the Cumberland area or anything Atlanta.
With those limits in mind, feel free to ask away.
Old 07-22-20, 08:05 PM
DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

This is a good resource for the trail if you haven't already seen it. (See below)

I've ridden from the start into Alabama. I am most familiar with the trail between Floyd road to Rockmart.

https://www.silvercometga.com/silver...omet-map.shtml
Old 07-23-20, 07:35 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
I'm an old Georgia rider. This is one of my favorite resources. I've actually printed out all the maps & put them in a three ring binder. Good stuff:

https://www.pathfoundation.org/
Old 07-24-20, 11:41 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
This is a good resource for the trail if you haven't already seen it. (See below)

I've ridden from the start into Alabama. I am most familiar with the trail between Floyd road to Rockmart.

https://www.silvercometga.com/silver...omet-map.shtml

Doug..he's looking for a manual on riding the the trail..
Old 04-01-21, 02:03 PM
Andrewm1295

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude he's really looking a stupid.
Old 04-02-21, 07:57 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,933 Times in 1,213 Posts
I think "stupid" is reviving a zombie thread to call someone stupid.