Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your favorite road tubeless tires

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your favorite road tubeless tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-23, 07:19 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by force10
Figures. I just bought some elsewhere for twice that...
On behalf of others, thank you.
Old 08-07-23, 03:20 PM
DirePenguin

Bikes: 2014 Trek 8.3 DS, 2022 Trek Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by DirePenguin
I’ve put almost 1,500 miles on them and I’ve not had a single puncture that didn’t seal almost instantly (I only knew it had happened because of the little bit of white goo on the frame).

They’re wearing good, too. The front tire still has a little of the “molding flash” still on it!
Update! At about 2,200mi., I hit something that ripped three closely spaced holes right down to the cords in my rear tire. The sealant did close them off enough for me to get home without needing to put in a tube, but it was leaking steadily from the holes with the bike in my basement.

So, I’ve replaced it with another Bontrager R3 TLR (the tan wall version, they look really nice on my bike). I removed the damaged one and mounted the new one with only a single Park Tools tire lever and I was able to seal the bead with my fairly standard Joe Blow floor pump. I also added 60ml of Stan’s sealant and it seems fine.
Old 09-06-23, 11:00 AM
biglmbass

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Probably just my bad luck versus a crappy tire, but twice now I've punctured a Michelin Power Road on the front. Always on the sidewall & too big for sealant to fix. This had a whopping 1400 miles on it. Will say the replacement (new Michelin Power Road) went on w'out fuss, tools, or cussing. I'm itching to try something different on this bike, but am waiting 'til the rear tire is worn out & I'm figuring that's about a 1000 miles out.

Old 09-07-23, 10:44 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3136 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 1,029 Posts
Originally Posted by biglmbass
Probably just my bad luck versus a crappy tire, but twice now I've punctured a Michelin Power Road on the front. Always on the sidewall & too big for sealant to fix. This had a whopping 1400 miles on it. Will say the replacement (new Michelin Power Road) went on w'out fuss, tools, or cussing. I'm itching to try something different on this bike, but am waiting 'til the rear tire is worn out & I'm figuring that's about a 1000 miles out.
Yeah, you can't blame a tire for sidewall cuts. Keep your eyes peeled for road debris and try to avoid it! Seems funny it's bone dry; not that it would have mattered, but did you have sealant in there?

I've still got a pair of Power Road mounted on a backup wheelset, but I did not like those tires, particularly for the harsh ride quality. I'm rolling the new Power Cup TLR model which superseded Power Road, and they are *excellent*!