Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Former racer

Old 07-11-06, 09:23 PM
Usetacould
Perpetually dropped

Bikes: Univega Modo Volare and Cannondale F600 mtn bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Former racer

Hey y'all!

Back when I was young, slim, and light I raced on the road for the Auburn Flyers. I then spent a few years in the Army, got out, got married, finished college with a degree in Archaeology and Anthropology at UNC-Greensboro, now I'm moving to Abingdon, VA and I have a son due to be born any day now. I'm going to try to get back to riding a bit after the move because hockey is going to be difficult to say the least since the nearest ice is two hours away. If I can stay with it I may try my hand at masters' races in a couple of years.

You'll eventually notice that I hate to post entirely serious responses to anything. Even when I am serious about something, I have to end it on a humorous note.

Now I just have to get past the saddle sores while my son is getting past the diaper rash.
Old 07-12-06, 07:26 AM
tulip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Funny how life happens, huh? Riding in them hills around Abington ought to get you in shape in no time. Beautiful area! Congrats on the baby.
Old 07-16-06, 08:30 PM
Moonshot
Now with racer-boy font!

Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Why not come back to Auburn and visit? The Flyers have a loosely organized alumni group that calls themselves the "has beens" and one weekend each year they get together and ride and reminisce. Last year it was November 5th. I've not heard of a date yet for this year.

www.eastalabamacycling.org