Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Luv2Pedal...for us big guys

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 09-12-18, 10:58 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am impressed! I have a hard time finding jerseys at local shops. Of course I am twice the size of a 125 pound cyclist!

No, I don't have anything to do with the L2P outfit other than being a customer. First time I bought shorts was back in about 2005. Seems the offerings as far as shorts has changed but I love the fact that I can get a decent sized jersey there. I just ordered a jersey 3 XXXL. Local shops have like ZERO 3XL and maybe one 2XL where I live. Plenty of shops but if I want a jersey, I usually have to go to Performance and buy a solid color if I want it to fit.

So I went to L2P online and ordered a jersey for $44. Comes with a pair of socks too!

I ordered Monday night, order was shipped on Tuesday!

I first ordered items at least 10 years ago and the service was fast then and it's fast now! Great CS!

Just thought I'd let you guys know!
Old 09-13-18, 09:39 AM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
I'm a fan of theirs, too.
Old 09-13-18, 05:38 PM
CMT

Bikes: Trek Madone 6.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The place rocks and their forum rep rocks too. I've been putting 41 mile distances on the Falconi bib shorts I received with zero ...tuckus fatigue? I don't know what to call it, but I love that I don't have it!
Old 09-13-18, 05:55 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good reviews. I did not have good luck with their shorts last time but for the cost, I guess I can't complain too much. I think I saw some shorts the other day while browsing/shopping, were on sale for like 30 or 30 bucks.

I am happy to say that my jersey arrived today. Unbelievable, 3 days free shipping.

I have waited 3 days for other places just to send an email saying they placed my order.
Old 09-13-18, 06:50 PM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CMT
The place rocks and their forum rep rocks too. I've been putting 41 mile distances on the Falconi bib shorts I received with zero ...tuckus fatigue? I don't know what to call it, but I love that I don't have it!
First ones I ever had that I didn't need a magazine to slide them up over my Dunlop.
(Which is a lot smaller than it was a year ago, btw)
Old 09-13-18, 08:44 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWhoCycling
I am impressed! I have a hard time finding jerseys at local shops. Of course I am twice the size of a 125 pound cyclist!

No, I don't have anything to do with the L2P outfit other than being a customer. First time I bought shorts was back in about 2005. Seems the offerings as far as shorts has changed but I love the fact that I can get a decent sized jersey there. I just ordered a jersey 3 XXXL. Local shops have like ZERO 3XL and maybe one 2XL where I live. Plenty of shops but if I want a jersey, I usually have to go to Performance and buy a solid color if I want it to fit.

So I went to L2P online and ordered a jersey for $44. Comes with a pair of socks too!

I ordered Monday night, order was shipped on Tuesday!

I first ordered items at least 10 years ago and the service was fast then and it's fast now! Great CS!

Just thought I'd let you guys know!
is the size chart close? I’m in the same boat as you and have a hard time finding larg enough jerseys.
Old 09-13-18, 09:11 PM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530

is the size chart close? I’m in the same boat as you and have a hard time finding larg enough jerseys.
Size chart is close and they note when brands run small.

I have purchased Suarez 4xl, Primal 3XL, and Primal 4XL jerseys from them, and the fit has been great.
Old 09-13-18, 10:03 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdmc530

I have to say imo the jersey I got is a bit on the small side. I wear a 2xl performance brand jersey comfortably. Maybe a bit loose.

But the new jersey is a little snug, not too much. I'd order a 4xl next time. This one seems a bit short compared to what I prefer. The brand I got is Brainstorm Gear brand on the site.

260 lbs, 6'1.

BTW, got a $5 gift card with my order. So I just may order another ha ha!
Old 09-13-18, 11:15 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yups, just ordered another jersey!

This time a Primal. I'll have to do the side by side jersey comfort comparison test.
Old 09-14-18, 05:35 PM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
I have to say imo the jersey I got is a bit on the small side. I wear a 2xl performance brand jersey comfortably. Maybe a bit loose.

But the new jersey is a little snug, not too much. I'd order a 4xl next time. This one seems a bit short compared to what I prefer. The brand I got is Brainstorm Gear brand on the site.

260 lbs, 6'1.

BTW, got a $5 gift card with my order. So I just may order another ha ha!
Brainstorm Gear runs small. there is a note on the luv 2 pedal site that states such.
Old 09-14-18, 06:12 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dagray
Brainstorm Gear runs small. there is a note on the luv 2 pedal site that states such.
Ah thanks! I guess I missed it and only looked at the size chart for that brand.
Old 09-15-18, 03:24 PM
love2pedal.com

Bikes: Colnago C50

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about our site! We work hard to provide nice products and fast shipping.

Several years ago I started bringing in more designs of 3XL, 4XL and 5XL items. Primal Wear has been great about working with us to make many of their designs in larger sizes (4XL and 5XL) that they normally had only made up to 3X. Some of our other brands and been great too about making nice designs in 3XL and larger.

Several years I noticed that the guys I saw on recreational rides like RAGBRAI or out on our local bike paths and roads didn't look like the slender guys that all the big bike clothing brands catered to. All the major brands were chasing the slender racer types but there was a whole segment that they were missing.

Whether the big brands thought there were not enough buyers of big sizes or if they thought that big guys didn't fit their company's image, I don't know. So little by little we started bringing in more big sizes.

The great thing about cycling is that people of all sizes and abilities can enjoy it!
Old 09-15-18, 09:05 PM
CMT

Bikes: Trek Madone 6.5

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JLDickmon
First ones I ever had that I didn't need a magazine to slide them up over my Dunlop.
(Which is a lot smaller than it was a year ago, btw)
Haha, awesome. Yours and mine both my man!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 09-17-18, 05:50 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10894 Post(s)
Liked 4,560 Times in 2,090 Posts
Giving them a try. Just ordered.

Old 09-17-18, 03:01 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
They have primal in 5X.....that’s my size and primal is a good fit for me? My next order will come from there and now not directly from primal.
Old 09-17-18, 06:50 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by love2pedal.com
Thanks for the kind words about our site! We work hard to provide nice products and fast shipping.

Several years ago I started bringing in more designs of 3XL, 4XL and 5XL items. Primal Wear has been great about working with us to make many of their designs in larger sizes (4XL and 5XL) that they normally had only made up to 3X. Some of our other brands and been great too about making nice designs in 3XL and larger.

Several years I noticed that the guys I saw on recreational rides like RAGBRAI or out on our local bike paths and roads didn't look like the slender guys that all the big bike clothing brands catered to. All the major brands were chasing the slender racer types but there was a whole segment that they were missing.

Whether the big brands thought there were not enough buyers of big sizes or if they thought that big guys didn't fit their company's image, I don't know. So little by little we started bringing in more big sizes.

The great thing about cycling is that people of all sizes and abilities can enjoy it!

Wow Dan, you are one fast MOFO!

I ordered a second jersey on Thursday evening. It arrived today on Monday. I ordered this one just to have another new jersey but I'm really digging this one, Bone Collector. Colors are much nicer in person than on the site. I'm impressed!

Again, blazing speed when it comes to handling and shipping. And I have 2 new, free pair of flame socks!

I order under my wife's name but the 3Xl and 4XL are for me.

I'm really digging this one!

Old 09-17-18, 09:07 PM
rgconner

Bikes: Curtis Inglis Road, 80's Sekai touring fixie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
I got a free pair of 4XL... and they were too big for me (225 lbs)

Ordered 2XL and a 3XL. 3XL fits perfectly, the 2XL is a little snug, but definitely still fits. Will fit better as I lose a few more pounds.

For the price, I don't think they can be beat, definitely going to order a few more pairs for my nightly rides. This way I can do laundry once a week instead of twice.
Old 09-18-18, 10:20 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh well, ordered a couple more sale items. The beer cause I don't drink at all but I know will get a few chuckles on the road. The spiders cause my wife is ascared of spiders!

Old 09-19-18, 12:55 PM
rgconner

Bikes: Curtis Inglis Road, 80's Sekai touring fixie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Oh well, ordered a couple more sale items. The beer cause I don't drink at all but I know will get a few chuckles on the road. The spiders cause my wife is ascared of spiders!

The spider one should keep some people off your wheel!
Old 09-19-18, 01:27 PM
BigDave44

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great Info here. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-19-18, 09:04 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rgconner
The spider one should keep some people off your wheel!

Ha ha ha I hope so!
Old 09-19-18, 09:07 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigDave44
Great Info here. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure! It bothers me when a Clyde shows up to a ride with his belly hanging out because none of them XL jerseys at the shop are meant to fit the 135 pound cyclist. Mainly because a shop dude ain't going to tell you about internet sites where you can get stuff that really fits us tall big boys.

Not meaning we all have big bellies but the club stuff is way too short for us and if you have any kind of shoulders, that's where most of the XL material goes. Only about enough to cover our shoulders.
Old 09-21-18, 06:06 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Got my sparkling beer jersey and my bottle opener!

Also the spider jersey as well and that does make it 3 bottle openers total. I still have 2 that have been on my wife's and my key ring for a few years now!

Thanks guys, you are the best and the delivery is totally awesome! As Arnie says, "I'll be back!".
Old 09-27-18, 10:03 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have to say I'm making a killing on this site. With the 4 jerseys I bought, each one came with a pair of socks so that's 4 free pair.

Then I noticed the Falconi shorts are only $19.99 as well as the Falconi bib shorts. I have never used bibs in my 20 years of cycling but this it a chance to try them out CHEAP! Also $19.99. With my gift card from buying the jerseys, I ordered a pair of shorts and and pair of bibs to try out.

Then I thought of a bud who really sucks financially so I ordered him a pair of bibs, used my gift card code and picked up a pair of bibs for the guy for only $14.99 with my $5 gift card. He'll be surprised and I'll tell him they were $69. I'll tell him he has to let me draft him for a couple of rides in return.
Old 10-05-18, 02:49 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
OK I hate to think you guys are tired of me praising Love2Pedal but they really deserve it! I ordered a 5XL in a different manufacturer (Suarez) that runs a bit smaller than the other (Primal). But L2P personally took the time to send me notes on the different fit of each mfg'r.

Worked out so that both brands do me well but it was great that they took the time to personally guide me. Us Clydes have a choice, up to 5XL !!! Don't be fooled by the local shops who say you don't have a choice when it comes to cool jerseys!

Thanks again, excuse the language but FREAKING fast service and great CS!

3 orders, 6 jerseys later, 3 pair shorts/bibs, I've got a closet full of cool stuff from Love2Pedal! Not one bad shipment or glitch, excellent!

You Clydes take a look at the Primal stuff. Nice comfy fit, a bit loose for shoulder space like we need them vs the skinny guys in the TDF!

One thing that amazes me is how much better the colors and graphics look in person. Colors more brilliant compared to the pics, always kinda tickles me a little bit when I open them up and see all the bright colors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.