Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cycling jersey large sizes

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 10-02-18, 08:58 AM
Mustride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im built like a clydesdale with broad shoulders. I dont like tight fit jerseys. Where can i go to get such a jersey. My chest is 45 inches my weight is 215. Please help! height is 5 10
Old 10-02-18, 09:57 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
You're not built "like" a clyde, you ARE a clyde, if only just. There's a whole subforum for non-conforming larger riders on this site btw...

https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...-(200-lb-91-kg)

Anyway, if you're not a beanpole, you almost need to try on jerseys to find one that fits. I don't necessarily know what you mean by "tight fit". Jerseys are meant to be form fitting/snug so they don't flap in the breeze, but some are looser fitting than others. You can certainly wear any sort of dry fit t-shirt you want, or look for "Club Fit" jerseys, they tend to be cut more generously.

Aerotech and love2pedal both have a selection of jerseys for larger riders and you may have some luck if you go to a performance bike shop, or REI.

Good luck!
Old 10-02-18, 09:58 AM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
I recently had a similar question. I was about to give up on jerseys but I found some Primal brand jerseys at LOVE2PEDAL Bicycle Shorts and Cycling Jerseys from Primal, Falconi that fit me very well. Their size descriptions were accurate. I am 6'1", 47" chest and 245lbs. The Primal XXL fit me well. You might be an XL or an XXL.
Old 10-02-18, 10:03 AM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
If you don’t like tight fit jerseys then just look for “club fit.” Club Fit is cycling speak for relaxed fit, although depending on the brand can still be a bit form fitting. Or, just skip cycling jerseys altogether and simply buy tech fabric t-shirts in a size and fit you like. Long sleeve, short sleeve, whatever.

-Kedosto
Old 10-02-18, 05:15 PM
Drago1010

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4 Comp Disc.Cannondale Synapse, Fuji Tread 1.0, Marin Larkspur

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Performance Club II Jersey. Relaxed fit and inexpensive.

https://www.performancebike.com/shop...ub-iii-11-5382
Old 10-02-18, 07:05 PM
GuessWhoCycling
Banned.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
luv2pedal .com.......up to 5xl.................. I am 6'1 250 and 4xl in Primal brand is a nice in the shoulders but a bit loose around the waist.

Other brands, Suarez and Brainstorm brands run a bit smaller but there are fit descriptions and charts in each jersey window.

Lots of cool graphics and even a free pair of socks with most jerseys. FAST but freaking fast delivery time. 2 business days and it's at my doorstep!
Old 10-02-18, 08:53 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 741 Posts
"Fat Lad at the Back" in the UK. https://fatladattheback.com/mens-cycle-wear Good quality and only a little pricey including shipping to the US.
Old 10-03-18, 02:05 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustride
Im built like a clydesdale with broad shoulders. I dont like tight fit jerseys. Where can i go to get such a jersey. My chest is 45 inches my weight is 215. Please help! height is 5 10
At 215, you are barely a clyde, so anything labeled semi form fit, club fit, or loose fit should work. But the sizing across brands is all over the place. In my experience, most jerseys are a size or two smaller than comparable T shirts, so keep that in mind. Because cycling gear is made to fit snug as you don't really want the material to be flapping in the breeze.

That said, In my experience, the loosest fitting jerseys are the Bontrager Solstice, which fits more or less like a T shirt. I weigh over 260 and I can get away with an XL in the Bontrager, where as in Primal, I wear a 3 XL, and in Pearl, an XXL.
Old 10-03-18, 07:58 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked 1,350 Times in 705 Posts
"Jerseys are meant to be form fitting/snug so they don't flap in the breeze" This is a misunderstanding of the purpose behind the tight fitting jersey's of today. Tech fabrics work at their optimum design intent when seated against the skin. This is to allow moisture transfer from skin to jersey to the atmosphere through evaporation. Not flapping in the breeze is just a side affect.
Old 10-03-18, 08:09 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 251 Posts
Don't laugh but their stuff is pretty good...

https://fatladattheback.com/

or

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/big-...ng-jersey.html
Old 10-05-18, 03:26 AM
Witterings

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
Or, just skip cycling jerseys altogether and simply buy tech fabric t-shirts in a size and fit you like. Long sleeve, short sleeve, whatever.
This is what I do with the added benefit as a lot of them aren't branded are a fraction of the cost .... the only thing I sometime miss about them is the rear pockets cycle specific clothing has and can be useful for 2nd water bottle or whatever else you want to carry although have got into the habit of wearing cycle specific ones only if I need to take anything extra like long rides on really hot days and aren't wearing a jacket with pockets over the top.
Old 10-05-18, 05:22 AM
Hokiedad4

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Giant Contend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
Aerotech also has tall sizes, which are even harder to find than large. I've purchased a lot of cycling stuff from them and their customer support is fantastic.
Old 10-05-18, 09:43 AM
5teve

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Witterings
This is what I do with the added benefit as a lot of them aren't branded are a fraction of the cost .... the only thing I sometime miss about them is the rear pockets cycle specific clothing has and can be useful for 2nd water bottle or whatever else you want to carry although have got into the habit of wearing cycle specific ones only if I need to take anything extra like long rides on really hot days and aren't wearing a jacket with pockets over the top.
Me too. Running T's are pretty darned cheap at big box stores like Dick's Sporting Goods. Bright colors, roomy fit (for my dad bod) and decent wicking fabric. I don't often miss the back pocket-a small handlebar bag coupled with a medium sized seat bag carries everything I need.
Old 10-05-18, 10:09 PM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
What caught my eye at Aerotech is they have padded bib touring shorts with pockets. They are not giant pockets, but they are there and convenient.
Old 10-07-18, 07:09 AM
Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 89 Posts
My humble racing days are long gone, and i also now prefer a roomier jersey. I took a chance on a Mt Borah jersey on Ebay, and liked it so i got another (same jersey, same vendor). A couple months later, I decided I liked them so much, and I couldn't beat the $12.95 delivered they were selling for ($50 retail), so I took another look, and he'd dropped them to $8.95 delivered !! So, i just snagged the last two a couple days ago !!
Anyway, these are size XL, and I've been wearing them while weighing in the 190's to low 200's, and i'm thinking even at 215, they'd be a comfortable fit..
The material is the most comfortable of any jersey I do or have owned. After many uses and washes, they still look brand new. Before buying my first one, i did some research, and found reports saying Mt. Borah jerseys seem to last forever. They're also made in the USA.
So, consider an XL from Mt. Borah, and check Ebay for deals.
Old 10-08-18, 01:50 AM
flyen

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SKYSPER cycling jersey. very large, But i like tight jersey!
https://www.skysper.com

It looks like a child has stolen the clothes of an adult.
Old 10-08-18, 05:05 AM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
If you aren’t a pack rat and don’t need the pocket in a traditional jersey why get anything other than a performance t-shirt?
Not aero enough?
Old 10-08-18, 05:52 AM
Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillmaster
If you aren’t a pack rat and don’t need the pocket in a traditional jersey why get anything other than a performance t-shirt?
Not aero enough?
Having jersey pockets, and useful items in them, doesn't qualify anyone for derisive terms like "pack rat". When doing multi-hour rides, way out on the sticks and dozens of miles from home, an overwhelming majority of cyclists have legitimate uses for things like co2 inflaters, spare tubes, sunscreen, power bars/gels,cell phones, etc.etc. The pockets are also highly useful for stowing away thermal wear that isn't needed after the first hour or so.
There are very practical reasons that most cycling-specific shirts have pockets.