Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Red 1985 Bianchi Nuovo Alloro

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-19, 06:59 PM
jbow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red 1985 Bianchi Nuovo Alloro

Hello! Thanks to Bianchigirl, I think I have identified my bike as a 1985 Nuovo Alloro based on the frame. I've included a picture with the letter stamps on the bottom of the bike, not that this should change anything since the frame is unique, but let me know if you think otherwise. This bike is too small for me and I am looking to sell it to a friend after putting some handle bar tape on it. I'd appreciate help estimating a fair price for this bike. Thanks!

Old 10-15-19, 01:27 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26415 Post(s)
Liked 10,380 Times in 7,208 Posts
...it's pretty hard to set a price without knowing the location. Because market pricing for old bikes varies a lot with location. These are not bad bikes, but kind of mid level for Bianchi when sold. ...3 main tubes in the frame were butted Columbus, IIRC. And yours is not celeste in color, which matters (for some reason) to a lot of people.
Old 10-16-19, 11:38 AM
jbow

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great, that makes sense. I am in the Minneapolis/Twin Cities market.
Old 10-16-19, 11:45 AM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

...I lived in South Minneapolis for a couple of years in the late 70's, but have no idea what the bike prices are like there now. Hopefully someone else closer to you will chime in. I have a Nuovo Alloro here that I ride sometimes, but CL prices on all things steel have dropped a lot in the years since I bought it. Mine is a solid ride, and probably a good deal for you at the right price. They're not fancy, but they have a very functional assembly of frame tubing and components that makes them good bicycles.
Old 10-16-19, 02:49 PM
jbow

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...I lived in South Minneapolis for a couple of years in the late 70's, but have no idea what the bike prices are like there now. Hopefully someone else closer to you will chime in. I have a Nuovo Alloro here that I ride sometimes, but CL prices on all things steel have dropped a lot in the years since I bought it. Mine is a solid ride, and probably a good deal for you at the right price. They're not fancy, but they have a very functional assembly of frame tubing and components that makes them good bicycles.
Agreed on the functionality of the bike. While it would be great to hear if someone near the area has an idea of the value, I'd be curious to know what the bottom price is that you'd put on your Alloro. Mine is a bit small and a friend is interested in the bike. I'd like to give it to them for the lowest price without letting it go and feeling like I significantly lost out on its value (which I realize is market dependant but getting an idea for how you value yours will help, if you're willing to share).
Old 10-16-19, 08:40 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Originally Posted by jbow
Agreed on the functionality of the bike. While it would be great to hear if someone near the area has an idea of the value, I'd be curious to know what the bottom price is that you'd put on your Alloro. Mine is a bit small and a friend is interested in the bike. I'd like to give it to them for the lowest price without letting it go and feeling like I significantly lost out on its value (which I realize is market dependant but getting an idea for how you value yours will help, if you're willing to share).
...I live in a pretty price inflated marketplace, Northern California/Sacramento/San Fran bay area. Bikes have always been CL priced here $1-300 bucks higher than in the rest of the known world, except maybe for Portland and Seattle. That said, mine is celeste in color, possible a different model year than yours, and in more or less excellent cosmetic condition (no rust, minimal paint bumps, if any.) The mechanical condition is likewise superb, because I retension/rework all my wheels before I ride them. And usually when I rework a bike to ride, I've invested at least a hundred bucks in new tyres and a chain. So I have some time, parts, and money into it above the original cost. None of which I expect to recoup.

When I bought it 8 or 10 years ago, I paid $500 for it. I couldn't sell it here for that now, I think. Were I to attempt to list it, I'd probably start at $400-$450. The celeste ones are supposedly worth more to buyers, but I honestly don't get that idea. I have a black Bianchi Professional that's a swell bike, and the color doesn't make it any less swell.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 01-29-21, 02:07 PM
gofish44

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Just curious, how did you/BianchiGirl determine that this was an Alloro? I have what may be an 87 Alloro and am looking to confirm this. Thanks.
Jon.
Old 01-29-21, 04:15 PM
James1964 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 96 Posts
1985 Bianchi Nuova Alloro price

I recently sold a 1985 Bianchi Nuova Alloro for $750. It was Celeste, all original (except for tires and brake lever hoods), had been ridden very few miles, and was in ready-to-ride condition. There was a decal on the top tube reading Nuova Alloro.
Old 01-29-21, 04:18 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by gofish44
Just curious, how did you/BianchiGirl determine that this was an Alloro? I have what may be an 87 Alloro and am looking to confirm this. Thanks.
Jon.
Look at the top tube- the top of "loro" lettering can be seen.
Old 02-01-21, 12:38 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by gofish44
Jon.
As already mentioned the tiny snippet of the model name on the TT was a YUGE clue. But I took the information available and scoured my catalogs to come up with the best possible answer. Sadly in this case the OEm brakes were missing which are usually a big help.

The tubing type was only used in '85 (at least here in the US) a Bianchi Branded crankset usually points to a midlevel model. So I get out the '85 catalog and look for red bikes with a Bianchi crank and go from there.

'87 would be a Nuovo Alloro and the '87 have a very unique font for the model name so that is a good start. Is yours Pearlescent White or Celeste? The '87 Campione de Italia was also Pearlescent

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-02-21, 07:27 PM
gofish44

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you. It is Celeste. I have tried to post pictures and details, but have only 7 posts so I am restricted.