Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Sidi Genius 2 Adapter Plates

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-12, 02:49 PM
thesandypants

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently came across a great deal on a pair of early-mid 90's Genius 2s that were in "newish" condition, so I couldn't pass the deal. The shoes came with what I believe are Time(?) adapter plates (correct me if I'm wrong):

I have Look Keo 2 Max pedals on my bike, and after a couple google/ebay searches to find the proper Look Keo adapter plate for my shoes, I only came across the ones that says they are compatible with the Millennium soles that have four screw holes, like this:

The soles of the Genius 2s do not have 4th screw hole on the bottom. Will these adapter plates still work without any potential problem, or do I need to find the proper adapter plate? If so, where can I find the proper one for my specific model shoe? I've tried emailing Sidi and have not gotten a response yet. Also, if the adapter plate does work, will I need longer bolts to be able to tighten the cleat>adapter>sole?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
18865.jpg (43.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-23-12, 02:56 PM
bikepro

Bikes: Look 585

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It looks like these shoes have the standard 3 bolt attachment. I'm sure the Look Keo's use three bolts. If you remove the adapter plates currently on the shoes, the Keo cleats should bolt directly to the shoes -- no adapter needed.
Old 11-23-12, 03:31 PM
thesandypants

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikepro
It looks like these shoes have the standard 3 bolt attachment. I'm sure the Look Keo's use three bolts. If you remove the adapter plates currently on the shoes, the Keo cleats should bolt directly to the shoes -- no adapter needed.
Thanks for the response. I've tried that. It doesn't work because there is a gap between the sole and the cleat, as there is a slot space indented made for an adapter plate. Not sure if I described it clear enough, but I hope you get what I'm saying.
Old 11-23-12, 07:31 PM
David Broon 
Sqrl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks like that's a spacer. If yo take it off, your cleats should mount just fine.
That would be spectacular. A trail of blood and sealant.
Old 11-23-12, 07:58 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
I know what the OP is saying and I think he needs an adapter plate for Look. Otherwise the cleat will be sitting inside the slot for the sole. My guess he either won't be able to cleat/uncleat or at least have problems.
Old 11-24-12, 12:21 AM
thesandypants

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
I know what the OP is saying and I think he needs an adapter plate for Look. Otherwise the cleat will be sitting inside the slot for the sole. My guess he either won't be able to cleat/uncleat or at least have problems.
Correct. I know I need an adapter plate for Look Keo compatible, but my main concern is if the ones I mentioned above will work with my shoes.

I just took a couple more pictures of the sole without the Time(?) adapter plate and with the Look cleats to show that it will not work as there is a big gap between the cleat and indented slot for an adapter plate.

Any other help would be very much appreciated! Thanks guys.
Old 11-24-12, 12:58 AM
ultraman6970

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
THats the time plate but you still can use it. Just put the cleats over that place, You might need longer bolts maybe.
Old 11-26-12, 08:28 PM
thesandypants

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraman6970
THats the time plate but you still can use it. Just put the cleats over that place, You might need longer bolts maybe.
The Look cleats do not rest flush with the Time plate.
Old 11-27-12, 10:47 AM
Andycapp

Bikes: Tommasini Super Prestige, Kamra Triathlee, Nishiki Tri-A equipe', Sakai 2000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
You're in luck! If you search "Sidi plate" a couple pop up, there's some SPD ones too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sidi-Look-Sy...item4abee979be

Nice shoes by the way, love mine. Wish they looked as fresh as yours

-Andy
Old 11-27-12, 07:37 PM
thesandypants

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andycapp
You're in luck! If you search "Sidi plate" a couple pop up, there's some SPD ones too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sidi-Look-Sy...item4abee979be

Nice shoes by the way, love mine. Wish they looked as fresh as yours

-Andy
Thanks Andy. I saw that yesterday too and is currently on my Watch list.

Are the longer screws usually included with the plates, or are those also sold separately?
Old 12-01-12, 07:28 PM
fraserdave45

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your really in luck! I just happen to be throwing away this exact pair of shoes. I have posted a picture of the adapter plates that I believe you are looking for. If you PM me a shipping address, I would be more than willing to throw them in an envelope and send them to you for free. I do not have the bolts as I had to use them on another pair of shoes. Home Depot and Lowe's has all the metric cap head screws you will need for a buck or two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (1).jpg (85.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 12-02-12, 03:24 PM
thesandypants

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fraserdave45
Your really in luck! I just happen to be throwing away this exact pair of shoes. I have posted a picture of the adapter plates that I believe you are looking for. If you PM me a shipping address, I would be more than willing to throw them in an envelope and send them to you for free. I do not have the bolts as I had to use them on another pair of shoes. Home Depot and Lowe's has all the metric cap head screws you will need for a buck or two.
Oh man, that's awesome! Thanks. However, I just won that ebay auction from the link above and paid $20+ for it! Bad timing... Haha.
Old 12-02-12, 03:55 PM
ultraman6970

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
two thumbs up for fraser.
Old 12-02-12, 08:22 PM
fraserdave45

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thesandypants
Oh man, that's awesome! Thanks. However, I just won that ebay auction from the link above and paid $20+ for it! Bad timing... Haha.
Darn, that stinks. I found this forum a while ago and I signed up right away so I could respond to your post, but it took the moderator 5 or 5 days to activate my account so I could post. I guess I will hang on to them for awhile in case someone else needs them, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that there are many pairs of these shoes still left out there. They are great shoes but mine just disintegrated. I picked up the Genius Pro 5 Carbons, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 05-08-17, 11:32 AM
tmac_in_sf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sidi adapter plates for Look Keo 2

Hi All,
I have the same issue as the original poster. I have some old sidi shoes that require a different adapter plate than what is currently on the shoe. I want to convert from Time pedals to Look Keo 2's. Does anyone know where I can find find the adapter plate for Look pedals?
Thanks!
Todd