Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hola from Mallorca

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hola from Mallorca

Old 08-04-20, 03:09 AM
Deepcherry
Off grid off road

Bikes: Corratec Xvert, Peugeot Origin 30, GT Outpost, Kona Cinder Cone ‘93 Specialized StumpJumper, Ritchey mtb

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 72 Posts
Hola from Mallorca

Muy buenas

I have joined this forum after its discovering whilst searching for references to a Peugeot bicycle model I recently bought.

I can’t believe I did not join earlier to be honest!

My eldest son has discovered freedom with his second hand Decathlon 5.2, a decent entry level mountain bike very popular in these parts.

This spurs us on as a family, with small children, to get back in the saddle after a long pause, I have a 2010 Corratec mountain bike, and I have recently been looking at converting something rugged into an electric shopper- we live in the hills up a rough track a few kms from civilisation, so cars have been our lifeline for groceries whilst children were babies.

My desire is to reduce the car use drastically, and begin to explore our cyclists’ Heaven of an island with the kids, and to get us used to this rational manner to move oneself.

I recently picked up some excellent cheap and complete bikes: one Jaguar German sit-up-and-beg from the 70s with a Sachs Dreigang hub - 35€

A Peugeot ‘Origin 30’ mountain bike from the 90s, with Columbus double-butted steel frame for 50€. This I aim to convert into a proper (budget) tourer/explorer.

Finally, for the moment, a vintage Razesa spanish racer from the 70s. A beauty with many Zeus components, 60€ bargain in need of polish and some paint.

Thanks.

​​​​​​​
Old 08-04-20, 05:32 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 411 Times in 317 Posts
Welcome!